Upcoming Deaf Expo

EarthyTx

Reaction score
Helllloooo!!! I am very curious about upcoming Deaf Expo. Are they good?? I wanted to know if its worth to have a booth set up. I was told that not very many deafies go to Deaf Expo?!?!? Anyone can comment that???

I don't know. If I am lucky enough, I am planning to go for the first time in Feb. with one of my friend.
My friend told me that there are a lot of deaf people. But "a lot" can mean many different thing. It could mean 50 people, 100 people, or even a thousand people. Who knows?

I think it depends in which city it occurs.

Well I did went to Deaf Expo at Seattle in the year of 2005 and it was great! LOT of people went there. I think it's depends on the location..

Deaf Expo

So far, I know is in Austin, Tx on March 1 on sat... Maybe, We will go there..

:afro:

M-

Typical attendance is from 2-4 thousand visitors...

So far, I know is in Austin, Tx on March 1 on sat... Maybe, We will go there..

:afro:

M-

We have Deaf Celebration set on Oct in Plano.

Last time I recall that there were over 3 thousand deaf at DeafNation in Austin last year. It was incredible.

Typical attendance is from 2-4 thousand visitors...

O.O are you serious? I have never saw that many deaf people...Well I guess not all of them deaf but still, something related to deaf, that's still a lot.

O.O are you serious? I have never saw that many deaf people...Well I guess not all of them deaf but still, something related to deaf, that's still a lot.

Yup, serious, no exaggeration and 99% of the attendees are deaf. Check out DeafNation - Main
They began in 2003 and do about 14 Expos annually and since that beginning, 185,000 have attended. I have gone about a half dozen times here in So Calif.

Will I be able to handle it? I would be so overwhelmed lol. I am looking forward to it if I get to go.

Will I be able to handle it? I would be so overwhelmed lol. I am looking forward to it if I get to go.

Sure you will; just ask for me, lol! Look at the schedule on their website; are they going to be near you soon?

Yep, that's right.

I went to a deaf expo a couple years ago in Rochester. Since Rochester has a huge deaf community, the deaf expo had a lot of people. However, there were a few boring repetitive booths that weren't even appealing to me. One guy announced the awards for one booth and one of those awards were for himself. Gee... that shouldn't be allowed. I'm not surprised though since this guy does it all the time along with many other unethical things.

We have Deaf Celebration set on Oct in Plano.

Last time I recall that there were over 3 thousand deaf at DeafNation in Austin last year. It was incredible.

I live near Houston. I went to Deaf Expo in Austin about 4 years ago. I recalled many people but I have been hearing from others that it's getting less and less. They've reptitive such as selling pagers, tty and all that. That's why I'm just wondering.... Thanks!

I live near Houston. I went to Deaf Expo in Austin about 4 years ago. I recalled many people but I have been hearing from others that it's getting less and less. They've reptitive such as selling pagers, tty and all that. That's why I'm just wondering.... Thanks!

I haven't notice as it getting less. Austin seem like good location to choice by DeafNation since it make easy spread to come from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio to there. It's almost like central. Videophone and other relay service are running booth too. There is only one manufacturing is willing display the emergency device for home while 75% of them ignore these device. Argh... Only they care about pager pager pager and videophone.

Sure you will; just ask for me, lol! Look at the schedule on their website; are they going to be near you soon?

Yes, I think I am going to one in NC in Feb.

I guess NC won't be big like ones in Calf. or NY but it's a closest one I can go to.

It depends on my friend. It's too far for me to go alone. So I am hoping her plans will allow for us to travel together.

I am registered to attend the event in Omaha, NE, on April 19th. Of course, the lucky ones there will get to meet Snickers. All others, make an "L" with your hand and put it on your forehead. :D

Back