Unusual names for children

I would....

• pick a very unusual and outragous name for my children

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • pick a very comman name like Brian, Amy, and etc for my children

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I would pick a respectable but not too common name for my children.

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • I dont know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
U know that famous people are starting this trend of naming their children very unusual names like, for example, Gretchen Palthrow naming her daughter Apple and son Moses? My friend has this cousin who is pregnant and they have decided to follow the trend. They are going to name their baby Peaches. I am like OMG!!!! What do u think of that? Think those children with very unusual names will get picked on or it is now accepted?

I cant imagine naming my children such unusual names but I wont name them names that are very common. I like the in-between.

I think Peaches is an awesome name! Check out this site for a laugh on strange names! Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing
I would never name my kid something boring............I mean sheesh, who wants to be one of two billion Amys or Johns or whatever in the world?

There is a girl named "Ayran Justice" ! To white supremecists in the US. I feel sorry for her.

I would name my children something nice. Nothing crazy like Zoltan (as Penn Jillette named his son).

My ex-husband and I picked very unquie names for our 2 beautiful kids because we wanted something different and not too common ya know?

I prefer pick unusual name for our kids. Our son's name is different and no one had heard of it before. We are proud of it! :thumb:

For next 2nd baby we'll do the same thing!

Steve Martin's character in 'The Jerk' named his pet dog, 'Shithead'.

Well, I do think some names are too common... like Michael, John, Paul, William, Michelle, Kathryn, Mary and more.

My husband's dad wanted us to name our son Ronald the third. We were like hell no way! Toooooooo boring and tooooo common. LOL! Yea, I get tired of seeing so many of the same name but I wouldnt call my kids Apple or Jett. Ha!

If you add one more line said "give the children namesake after family member" I would vote that. I'll name my children after my grandparents.

If you add one more line said "give the children namesake after family member" I would vote that. I'll name my children after my grandparents.

u can start a thread about that. This is about unusual names vs common not about why we give our children the names we chose.

I voted "pick a very unusual and outragous name for my children ". I prefer to name my children unique names, especially Myla, Teryn, and Tyree (boy). My girlfriend would pick uniquie names for children, too...

I vote: I would pick a respectable but not too common name for my children.

I pick English name for my boys because Danny & Alan are uncommon names here in Germany.

My husband's dad wanted us to name our son Ronald the third. We were like hell no way! Toooooooo boring and tooooo common. LOL! Yea, I get tired of seeing so many of the same name but I wouldnt call my kids Apple or Jett. Ha!

Oh nooo, good chance he will have a hard life at school, children would think something to tease like "Hello McDonald", "Did you bring burger with you"

Better to put it in baby's middle name to respect your father in law to be safe.

I gave my children very unusual names - Alina, and Jolene, (Jo-Jo) and Tara is sort of.

Because my married surname is very very COMMON.

Paris Hilton said she would call her future baby "London" - I am wondering if her 2nd baby would be Rome next?

Paris - London - Rome - New York LOL

My oldest son's name is an unusual name, but my youngest son's name is very common. ;)

Oh nooo, good chance he will have a hard life at school, children would think something to tease like "Hello McDonald", "Did you bring burger with you"

Better to put it in baby's middle name to respect your father in law to be safe.

My husband's name is Ronald and so is his dad's name. My husband said nobody picked on him about his name. I didnt want the same boring name for my son. LOL! We picked Nathaniel

My daugher's name is Courtney (that name is starting to become common now..grrr)

I just was chatting with my friend on VP and I was talking to her about this subject. She told me that her friend named his son "Ban".

i will name my children not much common ones

BUT my name is STILL unusual name YAYA
my sister and my brother's are now common names

I rather to choose a name that is much easy for me to say it, if I was to choose a very unusual names then it would be harder for me to call out the name, if doesn't really sound too familiar to me, but I could manage to try and learn to say it correctly .....

I'd give my children simple but nice names. I'm not going to name my kid with a name that's complicated and unusual.

Back