Unemployment Bill

Gamefan4002

Reaction score
Wish this senate pass this unemployment extension bill. A lot of people unemployment had stopped. They are loosening a lot of things as a result so to the senate need to pass this bill.:hmm:

Wish this senate pass this unemployment extension bill. A lot of people unemployment had stopped. They are loosening a lot of things as a result so to the senate need to pass this bill.:hmm:

There is already a thread about this........and no they don't :)

I would only support conditional extension, that is if a person is willing to get minimum pay jobs, or part time, to help tide over with minimum pay. That way, it would help person find better paid job.

Nowadays, tell you truth if you don't have job, employers will likely NOT hire you. What that means is that employers rather hire currently employed applicants. That is the problem right now.

I do support jobless benefit extension but they need use it from unused funds from stimulus package that congress passed last year.

It will going be more longer for economy to recover and if we can't afford to have more jobless benefit extension so unemployed people are SOL until they find job or try to do around to solve the crisis. You would experience like that in early 1980's recession and I don't think about there are much jobless benefits at time.

I gave a credit to darkdog about mention with unused funds from stimulus package to expand the jobless benefits.

I have a number of friends unemployed. Two of them lost their benefits when those extensions expired. They were both on it for about 1 and 1/2 year and were lazy bums not looking for a job. It wasn't until their benefits expired that they started looking. They both had a job within 2 weeks.

I have a number of other friends laid off and the ones who actually look for work, find it.

I myself have been in that situation and had a new job within 2 months.

Exactly, that is why I do not support this bill. This is just enabling lazy bums who are not willing to start the bottom. Even worse start all over again, not many are willing to start all over again. Life ain't fair and will never be fair.

I have a number of friends unemployed. Two of them lost their benefits when those extensions expired. They were both on it for about 1 and 1/2 year and were lazy bums not looking for a job. It wasn't until their benefits expired that they started looking. They both had a job within 2 weeks.

I have a number of other friends laid off and the ones who actually look for work, find it.

Exactly......this extension is for people who have received benefits for 99 weeks. Anyone can find a job in that amount of time if they want to.

Back