Understanding Late Deafened (An Excerpt)

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but how are you post surgery?

Surgery is November 11, just one week away from today!

I'm doing alright except I had the flu this past week end. It wasn't too bad but I had to cancel my pre-surgery physical that was suppose to be yesterday. They say that with the flu they want to wait at least 7 days to bring me in. I don't yet know the date of my physical though. I'm waiting for them to let me know. But they said they are trying to schedule it so I can keep my surgery date. So it'll likely be the end of this week of maybe Mon. or Tue. of next.

Emotionally? I'm very excited. Of course with any surgery a bit or worry and even a tad bit of "What if" fear sneaks in. But I've done my research and I've talked to many who have done what I'm about to do. I know the risks and the benefits. So my feelings right now are mostly on the good side. More anxious to get it all over with is what I'm feeling the most.

One more thing. I ran into something that I should add to this "Understanding Late Deaf". It's something that really annoys me but I don't run into it too often. But I just had someone do this to me recently and I realized it should be in here. I'm talking about what I call, "speed repeaters". This is when someone is talking to you and they say something over and over again even when you didn't ask them to repeat. That annoys the hell out of me. When they do it I feel like grabbing their neck and start shaking them. LOL

Ron

Back