Undercover Boss

betsy42207

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the show Undercover Boss last night? There was a deaf girl working in a dress shop but she was using the phone and communicating like it was no problem. It didn't look like she had a hearing aid in. I didn't see the beginning of the show so I'm not sure maybe she has a CI . Anyways, I don't understand how if she can hear enough to use phone how can she be deaf?
I need captioning on the phone. Even with hearing aids, I have a very hard time with conversations because I know I'm deaf! lol

I didn't see the show but if it was a volume control phone then she may have had it on max.

Laura

I labeled myself Deaf (instead of HOH) when I crossed from understanding speech to NOT understanding enough without seeing someone. That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe just a label the media gave her instead of HOH because they didn't know better? Didn't watch the show though...

I labeled myself Deaf (instead of HOH) when I crossed from understanding speech to NOT understanding enough without seeing someone. That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe just a label the media gave her instead of HOH because they didn't know better? Didn't watch the show though...

I don't think the media is conspiring to label people for entertainment purposes...she probably is deaf but not profoundly deaf. Assistive devices can greatly help, and remember, we're not getting an accurate picture of anyone on television so we can't know what they go through.

I saw the program. I didn't see a CI or HA on her, and she didn't mention anything about them. She seemed to have comprehension of everything that was said but of course we don't see every minute on TV; a lot could be edited out.

She referred to herself as deaf, and said that she was born deaf.

She sounded deaf when she spoke.

Back