Uncomfirmed Statistics That Will Rock It's Foundation

SCBassist

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Can you imagine working for this organization? It has less than 550 employees with the following statistics: *29 have been accused of spousal abuse *7 have been arrested for fraud *19 have been accused of writing bad checks *117 have bankrupted at least two businesses *3 have been arrested for assault *71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit *14 have been arrested on drug related charges *8 have been arrested for shoplifting *21 are current defendants in lawsuits *In 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving Can you guess which organization this is? Give up? It's the 535 members of The United States Congress; the same group that cranks the laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

That explains the corruption lol

Its amazing how they get away with it and voters do not really know about it prior to the election. Either they hide it well or voters are stupid.

I have heard of something very similar and it has been going on for a long time. Corruption of the franking laws is another area.....as I vaguely recall.

Franking privilige as been abused for a looopng time and is totally outdated waste anyway. It was once seen as a way to keep constituents informed.....it's now used to seek campaign contributions and ads.

I don't disagree that there is a lot of corruption and hanky-panky going on in Congress.

However, just to keep the record straight, we should remember that "arrest" and "accused" are not the same as "convicted".

I think it would be good to be able to read the original source for details.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Reba said:
I don't disagree that there is a lot of corruption and hanky-panky going on in Congress.

However, just to keep the record straight, we should remember that "arrest" and "accused" are not the same as "convicted".

I think it would be good to be able to read the original source for details.

Reba, this was emailed to me without a source link, which I assume to be a partial joke/partial true non-accurate stat. Though seriously, in general this should give you an idea that Congress does have it's dirty laundry aired on occasion.

Back