Ummm.. Irony much?

girlingrey

Reaction score
So, a very popular hearing aid technology provider's website has several movies... most or none of which.. are not captioned.
I don't want to slander the company. I like their product, use their product, and have had positive experiences with them. I just find it ridiculous that for a company advertising hearing assitance, theyd have uncaptioned movies. Anyone else agree?

Additionally, saw a commercial for another hearing aid provider, again uncaptioned.
What's going on?!

Is this a clever marketing ploy? Must buy product to understand commercial/advertisements?

So, a very popular hearing aid technology provider's website has several movies... most or none of which.. are not captioned.
I don't want to slander the company. I like their product, use their product, and have had positive experiences with them. I just find it ridiculous that for a company advertising hearing assitance, theyd have uncaptioned movies. Anyone else agree?

Additionally, saw a commercial for another hearing aid provider, again uncaptioned.
What's going on?!

Is this a clever marketing ploy? Must buy product to understand commercial/advertisements?

:lol: That's an interesting theory. But I think the people who would watch a hearing aid commercial are people with old age hearing loss.

So basically they can hear but it has dropped off a little so they want a hearing aid.

I agree it's very odd that they don't supply CC. But it also means I don't bother with their product.

I believe Hearing Aids are bought because it will assist one in "regaining some hearing from their impairment". Usually the audiologist "suggests" specific products for their condition. Ads even Closed Captioned probably don't enter the picture.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony Atria activated Aug/07

There were also hearing aid commercials over the radio, too. Heard it many times over my truck radio those ads.

I'm a firm advocate for CC. Why not email the company and tell them they're antagonising their target market? Sorry, sounds like a frustrating experience

Back