Umm, My Story Is Kinda Different!!

Welcome to AllDeaf! :wave:

Sounds like you've got selective hearing and it's affected by your mental status.

In this case, it sounds like anxiety and stress that leads to your "loss of hearing".

Next time you feel stressed out, stop what you're doing and calm down... then count to 10 while thinking of positive things.

You can always experiment with different stress-relieving approaches. I'm sure you're find something that works.

I think conversion disorder is what in "the old days" was called hysteria, manifested in hysterical blindness, hysterical mutism, hysterical deafness, etc. In fact, I think that was the idea behind Tommy.

Reba conversion disorder is not hysteria

Welcome to AllDeaf! :wave:

Sounds like you've got selective hearing and it's affected by your mental status.

In this case, it sounds like anxiety and stress that leads to your "loss of hearing".

Next time you feel stressed out, stop what you're doing and calm down... then count to 10 while thinking of positive things.

You can always experiment with different stress-relieving approaches. I'm sure you're find something that works.

VamPyro I'm not a stressed out person not at all.. and the damage is already done.. lol Nice meeting you!

The weather is great! How was your day?

What about me? I am the mother of two and grandmother of four all of whom are under age five. I am deaf, and I understand you are Smithtr both just fine.

And yes he is patient, and he is also one of the nicest young men you could meet.

And if he doesn't understand you, I translate that also! :lol:

Thank appreciate high support to Botti! effort to awesome skills aware I am proud of you respect to your accept, I am glad of you fix on my language!! Thank
ASL is not as hard though right?!, but I'm ready to learn :lol:
Though I hope you go easy on me at the beginning until I get the whole picture!

Thank appreciate, assistant to question tom I understand difficult! I am pretty on pleasure to I am really on effort to wise on how on best to kindly, I do, I want to help, I want to love ASL really support to ASL, I can offer to ASL students, Many people troubles difficult to hard to understand struggle on ASL, I can support to give on teach you learn how on copy my sign language I am sign language experience on high doubt skills on my many times deaf community and interpreter lots of skills visual! I am aware , you new on first time here, , Thank Botttis translate to me adjust I do adjust to me grammar ASL,

no worry we are help pleasure to tell you! hope be question :) happy enjoy day fun happy

Thank appreciate high support to Botti! effort to awesome skills aware I am proud of you respect to your accept, I am glad of you fix on my language!! Thank

Thank appreciate, assistant to question tom I understand difficult! I am pretty on pleasure to I am really on effort to wise on how on best to kindly, I do, I want to help, I want to love ASL really support to ASL, I can offer to ASL students, Many people troubles difficult to hard to understand struggle on ASL, I can support to give on teach you learn how on copy my sign language I am sign language experience on high doubt skills on my many times deaf community and interpreter lots of skills visual! I am aware , you new on first time here, , Thank Botttis translate to me adjust I do adjust to me grammar ASL,

no worry we are help pleasure to tell you! hope be question :) happy enjoy day fun happy

Are you an ASL teacher in life? And why do you do it for free in here?
This is amazing you like it so much so you're trying to help people to understand it?
Did you find it hard when you 1st started asl?
I find it very nice of Bottis to try and translate to me..

Are you an ASL teacher in life? And why do you do it for free in here?
This is amazing you like it so much so you're trying to help people to understand it?
Did you find it hard when you 1st started asl?
I find it very nice of Bottis to try and translate to me..

hard to first it ASL sometimes on I experience on ASl struggle, my teacher me said help me simply help me translate to advise to how

translate

ASL to two grammar to English, that is why, I pretty experience i tell you, I if suppose to something cause help I remember long times pretty really appreciate to interpreter

It is pretty ppretty lots of on challenger

I hard said?!

No it's kinda interesting I understood that you struggled at the start! but you had a good teacher!
you're telling me that Asl grammer and Engllish grammer are two different things
and starting asl was a challenge at the start
and in the end you asked me if I understood !

How did I do? :hmm:

No it's kinda interesting I understood that you struggled at the start! but you had a good teacher!
you're telling me that Asl grammer and Engllish grammer are two different things
and starting asl was a challenge at the start
and in the end you asked me if I understood !

How did I do? :hmm:

American Sign Language (ASL)

American Sign Language (ASL) I can tell you translate to Grammar also how do different!

two different to!

Back