Um. Hi?

CareyJay

Reaction score
Hey. So, uh, I'm new obviously and I guess I'm supposed to introduce myself on here.
I'm CJ, I'm 20 and a sophomore at RPI. I'm a pretty typical college guy I guess, classes, homework, fraternity parties, brushing up on my skating skills so I can join in the intramural hockey games, trying to find a balance between piercings and professionalism, that sort of thing.
I was raised as if I could hear because my father was/is in denial that he can't, so he obviously didn't want to admit that his son had inherited it from him. So I grew up lipreading without being taught sign language or having hearing aids or anything, and my school couldn't really do anything about it because every time they tried to make my parents get me checked out they were handed a doctor's note claiming I had recently had an ear infection and they were sure my hearing would return in time. So it wasn't until midway through high school when my boss kept yelling at me for not hearing her that I took matters into my own hands and had to turn on the tears to get my parents to take me to an audiologist. Best decision of my life. I absolutely could not survive college without my hearing aids and FM system.

Back