Um, hi. New here.

Naturalles

Reaction score
I have no idea what to put here.. I guess I'll put facts about me.

1. I became profoundly deaf at 3 after having meningitis, but had a CI at my fourth birthday.
2. Went to mainstream school, never been involved in Deaf community.
3. But I know BSL, even though I don't see people who can sign very often. (I live in England, by the way.)
4. Bullied all my life because of my deafness.

That's all... Hope we can be friends!

Naturalles said:

1. I became profoundly deaf at 3 after having meningitis, but had a CI at my fourth birthday.
3. But I know BSL, even though I don't see people who can sign very often. (I live in England, by the way.)

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

welcome to alldeaf I'm newly hard of hearing and learning Asl and need some friends with a common issue

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

hello my name is carolena. i am a hearing person.i know what you are thinking what am i doing on a Deaf blog website. i am actually a student and i live in California. I am currently taking an American Sign Language class about Deaf culture and think it fascinating. I read that you live in England and have never been in touch with the Deaf community and went to mainstream schools. If you don't mind, I would like to ask you some questions. Well, it is only five.

hey! I have a CI too.. i'm from the US and know no BSL- other than stuff from 4 weddings and an funeral ;) i'm sorry you were teased for being deaf.. I think that's a common thing.. I think being deaf is like being a monkey in a zoo. :( people stare at you and make fun of you. :( it does suck to be deaf sometimes, but there are awesome benefits too! :)

Back