Ultratec Announces New IP-Based Captioned Telephone

webcaptel

Reaction score
CapTel800i.jpg

March 31, 2009 – Madison, WI - Ultratec, Inc. today announced the new CapTel 800i® telephone – the latest addition to the company’s Captioned Telephone line of products and services that help people with hearing loss use the phone. Designed specifically for use with high-speed Internet service, the CapTel 800i gives people the advantage of written text captions to help understand what their phone callers say.

CapTel - Ultratec Announces New IP-Based Captioned Telephone Option

yeah it is a cool ip captioned phone so who know if we make free long distance calls on this phone? i wonder how many like to have this phone?

Ultratec says this is compatible with VoIP!

Unlimited U.S. calling, if you get a VoIP line.

I wish these services are available in Canada too. If necessary, I'd even PAY an hourly rate -- to help pay for an operator to do Captioned Telephone everytime I place a call.

I have used WebCapTel also while travelling in the U.S. as well as with U.S. phone lines. Much faster and better than Bell Canada Relay service when I use it with parties who can understand my voice. Technically, I could even import one of these new CapTel phones into Canada along with a U.S. Vonage phone line, and a VPN to a U.S. ISP -- and I'd look exactly like a U.S. telephone user using a U.S. Internet connection, making Captioned Telephone calls, as long as I called another U.S. phone number. (which coul also, simply be a U.S. VoIP phone number even if not in Canada).

Nice, so I don't have to use WebCapTel at home! This is kind of like 2-Line CapTel telephone, but it frees you from having to pay for landline as a second line if you already have VoIP.

Back