uh.... wtf?

dracotkk

Reaction score
I got a private message a few minutes ago, from someone with no posts whatsoever... Brace yourself... Here it goes!

Private Message: From maryam mentu
Today, 10:17 AM
blessinf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From maryam mentu
I'm deaf girl of 22 years old
reply to(mm_deafdead@yahoo.co.uk

And its A Good Thing of knowing you Which I believe you will be of great assistants to me that will make the beginning of never-ending family relationship. I hope that this proposal will not be an inconvenience or embarrassment to you.I must not hesitate to confide in you this simple and sincere business.

My name is MARYAM , I am 22 years of age, the only daughter of late Mr and Mrs MENTU ODINGA, from Nshili District of Gikomgoro Province in Republic of Rwanda My father before his death was a prosperous Cocoa and Gold merchant in Kigali, Republic of Rwanda before his untimely death, after his business trip to Abidjan -Cote d'Ivoire, to negotiate on a Cocoa and Gold business he wanted to invest in Abidjan -Coted'Ivoire.

My mother died when I was little ,and since then my father took me so special. Before his death on 12th November 2002 he told me that he has the sum of Eight million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$8.500.000) deposited in a security company in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire, that he wanted to use his fund to invest his cocoa business in Ivory Coast. After the burial of my late father i came down to Abidjan and went to the security company where the fund is deposited with all the documents regarding to the deposit of the fund that was given to me by my late father. I am just 22 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do.

Now I want you to help me claim and transfer the fund for investment in your country because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here
in Ivory coast.The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life.
I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.Your suggestions and ideas will be highlyregarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:

1. Can you honestly help me.

2. Can I completely trust you?

3. What percentage of the total amount in question

will be good for you after the money is in your custody.

Please,Consider this and get back to me as soon as posible.

Thank you so much and God bless you.

My sincere regards,

Miss MARYAM MENTU

contact me at mm_deafdead@yahoo.co.uk

Its just another scammer. Pay no attention to it. This place occassionally gets flooded with scammers. If you feel like it, forward the message to Alex or another mod.

Yeah, Jeremy got that too and he delated it. Why dont Alex have spammers blocked if they have no posts?

Forward the PM to Alex or other mods.. they will do something about it.

Don;t bother to do that.. Look up in deaf newspaper.com.. They did talked about it. Its scammer trying to get your money and get you to become victim of downfall of budget.. Just ingore it...

maybe a good idear would be to disable the pm feature until u have x, number of posts

I don't think people should be allowed to send private messages to anyone except the Alex and the moderators unless they have a certain number of posts.

I havent gotten that yet. Just delete them .. if do that to me I just delete in right away. :)

gnulinuxman said:
I don't think people should be allowed to send private messages to anyone except the Alex and the moderators unless they have a certain number of posts.

what is your point on this

i get pm from other members as well not just scrammers if they wanna to sent pm let them no need them to post on the thread for all of us to see that is private like sent a email addresses and etc...

PM is private messages it is our own business not theirs to know

dracotkk said:
I got a private message a few minutes ago, from someone with no posts whatsoever... Brace yourself... Here it goes!

Private Message: From maryam mentu
Today, 10:17 AM
blessinf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From maryam mentu
I'm deaf girl of 22 years old
reply to(mm_deafdead@yahoo.co.uk

And its A Good Thing of knowing you Which I believe you will be of great assistants to me that will make the beginning of never-ending family relationship. I hope that this proposal will not be an inconvenience or embarrassment to you.I must not hesitate to confide in you this simple and sincere business.

My name is MARYAM , I am 22 years of age, the only daughter of late Mr and Mrs MENTU ODINGA, from Nshili District of Gikomgoro Province in Republic of Rwanda My father before his death was a prosperous Cocoa and Gold merchant in Kigali, Republic of Rwanda before his untimely death, after his business trip to Abidjan -Cote d'Ivoire, to negotiate on a Cocoa and Gold business he wanted to invest in Abidjan -Coted'Ivoire.

My mother died when I was little ,and since then my father took me so special. Before his death on 12th November 2002 he told me that he has the sum of Eight million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$8.500.000) deposited in a security company in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire, that he wanted to use his fund to invest his cocoa business in Ivory Coast. After the burial of my late father i came down to Abidjan and went to the security company where the fund is deposited with all the documents regarding to the deposit of the fund that was given to me by my late father. I am just 22 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do.

Now I want you to help me claim and transfer the fund for investment in your country because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here
in Ivory coast.The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life.
I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.Your suggestions and ideas will be highlyregarded.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:

1. Can you honestly help me.

2. Can I completely trust you?

3. What percentage of the total amount in question

will be good for you after the money is in your custody.

Please,Consider this and get back to me as soon as posible.

Thank you so much and God bless you.

My sincere regards,

Miss MARYAM MENTU

contact me at mm_deafdead@yahoo.co.uk

Sounds like it is SCAMMER!!
SxyPorkie

It's a scam!!! Step away from the email! Step towards the delet button and also put this person on your iggy list.

gnulinuxman said:
Well you know that you can adjust your preferences to not recieve PM's. Personally I like the idea of offering it to those that want it and allowing it to be turned off for those that don't. If you don't allow it someone will complain and if you only allow it someone will complain. You can't please everyone so the ability to turn it on and off is a happy medium that should satisfy everyone. JMO

Yeah, that remind me of different story from Unknown ADer without a single post. EWven I asked this ADer to post any thread....never heard from her (or him) again.

Could be prank?

Well I think that requiring X number of posts, before the PM privialge is activated would cut down on dumbasses who use UBBs for scams!

Could be prank or scam. I noticed that a lot of you get lots of them lately.. what's up with that

Back