Ugliest Dog

thank you for correction about ham... I confused those American langagues. I thought you mean Ham... I wasn´t realize that you mean different... Thank you for clarify :thumb:

I´m sorry to misunderstand you over ham... Occhhh!!!

Anyway, here is link

You can see kind of cat foods is my cats´s favorite is Felix and Sheba... but I am not sure either you has similar like this in your country? I pick only jelly or pate, not with sauce. My cats tried most of foods where I show you in the 2 links except bones... :P

http://images.google.at/images?svnum=10&hl=de&q=felix,+katzenfutter&spell=1

http://images.google.at/images?svnum=10&hl=de&q=sheba,+katzenfutter&spell=1

You can find in the list which good quality of pet foods... It´s not just Germany but America, too.

http://www.sleddogcentral.com/dogfood.htm

That's why I said research german sites that check what really is in pet food.

Yes, I have but I find none to compare with American websites. :dunno: I will try to find out... but I test meat from cat food but it look meat... yes. You might be right that it could be leftover meat but not "garbage" as what you mention in your previous posts.

If really from good parts (prime meat) then I'll want you to send me your pet food here I pay

Really? I thought you has a dog? Do you really want to have German cat food? First check 2 links either you have cat foods like this in your country. If not, then I dont mind to mail it to you.

yep I have dogs but surely there is dog food in Germany, too? :)

I've checked the links, thank you. Did you know that Felix the Cat was the famous cartoon cat?

felix1.gif

I like the cheery pictures of yours Felix food cans :)

Liebling if you are still interested what your per food is made of perhaps you should look under " what is pet food made of", or "meat products in pet food" or something indicating what pet food is made of. (in your language of course)

I know one day I was very unpleasantly suprised to find out what it really is made of.
Even Iams, Eukanuba which advertise as "real meat" is, in fact meat leftovers not the prime cuts like steaks and stuff we talked before.

But I am not saying it's bad for our pets. They have to make it nutritious or pets would be sick and dying right and left. I am feeding my dogs pet food.
I am just defending Sam's owners choice because I think that a straight fresh sirloin, cooked for a dog without spices and salt is always better than best but commercially made food.
The only thing- I wouldn't feed Sam cheese balls. Cheese is made of milk which may cause to have gas, and that can be painful.
Animals in nature do not eat cheese, meat yes chicken yes but not cheese.
Well of course a bit of milk from mothers but later in adult life- rarely.
But I also think Sam's owners know Sam best and they know what he can handle and what not..

As for BARF- yes there is controversy raw food and all but logically do animals like wild cats and dog cook their meat?
the wost that may happen from raw food is I think worms..

Thanks for an interesting discussion, Liebling :)

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
yep I have dogs but surely there is dog food in Germany, too? :)

Yes, we have dog foods in any stores here in Germany. I will have a look this weekends. As far as I know from some of my friends - they feed their dogs with porridge (without salt/sugar/milk but with water) once a day to keep their body energy. And also mix with meat from pet shop with boiled rice, too. And mix pet food with oats, too. Sometimes they boiled the livers, hearts, and any meats where there're special offer from the butcher for the dogs. They told me that homemade foods for dogs are cheap than buy canned dogs food. Most Germans use pet food to mix with oats. :dunno:

I've checked the links, thank you. Did you know that Felix the Cat was the famous cartoon cat?

Really? I didn't pay attention that Felix the cat is the famous... I will ask my son about this when I'm home from work. See, I'm not TV freak...

Liebling if you are still interested what your per food is made of perhaps you should look under " what is pet food made of", or "meat products in pet food" or something indicating what pet food is made of. (in your language of course)

Sure, I will when I'm home from work... I will translate when I read the label on it and want to compare with the pet foods from your country.

But I am not saying it's bad for our pets. They have to make it nutritious or pets would be sick and dying right and left. I am feeding my dogs pet food.

I understand your point but the companies who produce pet foods will get in trouble if the Vet found out what/where the pet get sick from.

I am just defending Sam's owners choice because I think that a straight fresh sirloin, cooked for a dog without spices and salt is always better than best but commercially made food.
The only thing- I wouldn't feed Sam cheese balls. Cheese is made of milk which may cause to have gas, and that can be painful.
Animals in nature do not eat cheese, meat yes chicken yes but not cheese.
Well of course a bit of milk from mothers but later in adult life- rarely.
But I also think Sam's owners know Sam best and they know what he can handle and what not..

I know that the Sam's owner love and spoil Sam but I think she feed him wrong foods. I see nothing wrong when anyone want to boil meats without spices, salt, sugar, frying, grill etc.
I was like :eek: when I read "cheeseball" because it's no good for the pets. Yes, you were right that it could cause pets pain.
I am disgust what the owner took sick Sam to Ugliest Contest without think how sick and poor healthy he has. I feel want to cuddle him. :(

As for BARF- yes there is controversy raw food and all but logically do animals like wild cats and dog cook their meat?
the wost that may happen from raw food is I think worms..

Good Point...

I guess that wild cats/dogs are different as pets? :dunno:

All what I know from the Vet that it's no good to feed pets with raw foods because it could cause their healthy... Yes, it cause worm when human and animal eat raw but wild cats/dogs... :dunno:

Thanks for an interesting discussion, Liebling :)

Welcome :thumb: You also, too... :thumb: I enjoy myself to have debate with you here. :thumb:

webexplorer said:
I gotta report to the PETA about it.

it does not matter anyway, PETA does killing dogs and cats when they are homeless. PETA is a real hypocrite!

I am sorry to hear that Sam had died. The part about the owner sleeping with Sam's favorite toy after his death....I can completely understand that. I had Pepper in my bed for long time too, and I just had a bundle of sheets next to me after she had died -- felt like Pepper was there with me since she loved to snuggle next to me. Now I don't do that anymore since it got easier as time went on....now I am looking for a new BT.

Oh wow! How sad. I wish that the Vet would have the alternative treatment to make Sam alive for a little bit longer - to make the heart a little bit stronger. Darn it. I guess that he might have had the chest pain that he cannot deal with due his failing heart. I hope that Sam understood that he was so popular... Hopefully, he meet his dog family in the heaven.

Awww thats sad but at least the poor dog is at peace!
Yea, RIP, dear sweet Sam.......

Aww.. RIP.. SAM... glad that he got his 2nd chance with loving owner Susie..

Thanks Susie!!

I heard about this on some other website. I was surprised. At least, the dog lived a long good live. :)

""Lockheed said she was initially terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Lockheed said she had Sam euthanized after a veterinarian told her Sam's heart was failing.""

awwww.. RIP, Sam. :tears:

I hope this excerpt from the article will reassure anyone who was worried about Sam's being ab-used (as in TV appearances, competitions etc) that the dog was actually very loved, and well taken care of.

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
""Lockheed said she was initially terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Lockheed said she had Sam euthanized after a veterinarian told her Sam's heart was failing.""

awwww.. RIP, Sam. :tears:

I hope this excerpt from the article will reassure anyone who was worried about Sam's being ab-used (as in TV appearances, competitions etc) that the dog was actually very loved, and well taken care of.

Fuzzy
Oh thats so good to hear that he was not abused but very well taken care of and loved! He deserved it! again rest in peace, Sammy dog!

Back