Ugh.. Being Deaf Sucks

i was once frisked anad had my car searched by two detectives as they told me there was a rumour that I had a Glock , unreal. I had no idea where that shit came from.But yup they're good handguns to have. Firearms are extremely dangerous for anyone to think about those have to think real long ans hard. One fuck up with those can change your course of life drastically.

anyway being deaf does surely sux, I am a grad student, its so hard with out a much need interaction, hearing students have it all for granted, and no I'm not doing deaf studies as I think it's too narrow minded. Try explaining deafness as a disability these days to what is now dominated by a poliically correct dogma saying 'deaf are not dumb' but need signlanguage yet, the pubilc reacts and gives us the total opposite !! they THNKS we ARE dumb and they by well and large still havent got a clue about the problems of being d/Deaf. I know what ? i reckon we ought to rage agains the 'supercrip' mentality I mean deaf people DO NOT need to get over our 'handicapps' the bloody hearing should start stop being selfish, the list can go on and on like i dont wanna repeat what you all would say, but yep Id say this once, EVEN the so -called 'understanding' hearing freinds ASSUMED they KNOW more about my understanding of deaf problems, they ALWAYS talk about how other deaf people have done well!! this sort of bullshit has to go...
...being deaf does suck...just becuase we cant hear -it odesnt mean we dont know... that's the very fundamental of hearie's inability to listen !!!
%#%*()%&%*(@&*(&@$#*(@ sorry my rant

:iough:

please don't kill us.

i was once frisked anad had my car searched by two detectives as they told me there was a rumour that I had a Glock , unreal. I had no idea where that shit came from.But yup they're good handguns to have. Firearms are extremely dangerous for anyone to think about those have to think real long ans hard. One fuck up with those can change your course of life drastically.

anyway being deaf does surely sux, I am a grad student, its so hard with out a much needed interaction, hearing students have it all for granted, and no I'm not doing deaf studies as I think it's too narrow minded. Try explaining deafness as a disability these days to what is now dominated by a poliically correct dogma saying 'deaf are not dumb' but need sign language yet, the pubilc reacts and gives us the total opposite !! they THNKS we ARE dumb and they by well and large still havent got a clue about the problems of being d/Deaf. I know what ? i reckon we ought to rage agains the 'supercrip' mentality I mean deaf people DO NOT need to get over our 'handicapps' the bloody hearing should start stop being selfish, the list can go on and on like i dont wanna repeat what you all would say, but yep Id say this once, EVEN the so -called 'understanding' hearing freinds ASSUMED they KNOW more about my understanding of deaf problems, they ALWAYS talk about how other deaf people have done well!! this sort of bullshit has to go...
...being deaf does suck...just because we cant hear - it doesnt mean we dont know... that's the nutshell of hearie's inability to listen !!!
%#%*()%&%*(@&*(&@$#*(@ sorry my rant

Yea, I hate it when hearing people assume that they know what it is like to be deaf and compare me to other deaf people who have done better. Excuse me!!! Geez!

Yea, I hate it when hearing people assume that they know what it is like to be deaf and compare me to other deaf people who have done better. Excuse me!!! Geez!

Shel and Grummer hit the button on that - it is indeed very annoying when hearing people, even those with good intentions, to get on my soapbox and start preaching about what's the best deal for deaf people. I'm like, excuse me...get off my soapbox! You don't know what it is like being deaf and being stuck in a society that remains to be oppressive and restrictive.

I agree with Cowpuppy. You should file a complaint against the lady for her unprofessionalism and lack of people skills.

Shel and Grummer hit the button on that - it is indeed very annoying when hearing people, even those with good intentions, to get on my soapbox and start preaching about what's the best deal for deaf people. I'm like, excuse me...get off my soapbox! You don't know what it is like being deaf and being stuck in a society that remains to be oppressive and restrictive.

The soapbox preaching, that is one of my pet peeves also.

The soapbox preaching, that is one of my pet peeves also.
..yeah, absolutely baffles me to no end and what's more? you're mentally unstabilitized. flash news, go figure - no comment on that one.

:wave: :rifle: :barf: ..

Last edited:
you could try to deal only with males.

wear low-cut tops and don't be afraid to SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKERS! no more trouble for you!

:dunno:

just throwing some ideas out there for y'all.

I guess sometimes being " hearing " sucks. They don't even know how to say " I love you " in hand signing like deaf people do. Pssh -- Oh, oh only interpreters can do better with their certification/or license. ;)

really sucks.

I was at the court and the interpreter never showed up. so the court was adjourned until next month! I just want this to be over today. TODAY. but unfortunately, no.

then I was told to go to clerk's office to ensure there'll be one for next time. a secretary there was being extremely rude. I apologized for not hearing her at first and she repeated after I said she'll need to write down what she had just said. she mouthed "NO, WHAT IS YOUR N-A-M-E?"

I then demanded for papers and pen again realizing I had left them in another building. rolling her eyes, found a paper and pen, mumbled "gee she's so stupid..." thinking I couldn't read her lips (filled with manures). I kept my cool, wrote down explaining, she totally snatched the paper. :shock: while I know people could be just nasty as can be, I stood there dumbfounded. then she did it again. so third time I had the paper, I landed the pen down on paper, pushed it over to middle of the counter and left it there so she'd not do it again. she started yelling at me, GIVE ME THE PEN! I shook my head, no, YOU pick it up, you grabbed twice and that wasn't very nice. she chuckled (or scoffed) and looked around at her co-workers then gave me a stare - give...me...the...pen now (with it right under her fingers!)

gee, so dramatic... ugh. it sucks being deaf. really sucks that I'm about to shoot my head off. :rl: (at least the icon does it for me because I don't).

thanks for listening to my vent.

Forgive me for butting in, but that is just "INEXCUSABLE" and you need to let her supervisor know before she does it to someone else. She won't lose her job this time, but maybe her supervisor will let her know better.

I am sorry that she did that. If you acted like that at your job, you would be fired. I am not hateful or vendictive, and I don't want you to do anything but forgive her, but still, if you say nothing, she will continue to wound innocent people with her nasty attitude. The next Deaf person that she does that to might not be as nice and lose their temper, so you might be doing her a favor by saying something to her now, via a note, or going to her boss.

Court house ethics require confidentiality and professionalism. Your taxes pay her wages. You don't have to be mean, and you need to forgive her for your own sanity, but you still don't have to let it go un-noticed. You noticed it. It hurt you,. You have a right to let her know. Good luck. I will shut up now.

I guess sometimes being " hearing " sucks. They don't even know how to say " I love you " in hand signing like deaf people do. Pssh -- Oh, oh only interpreters can do better with their certification/or license. ;)

you mean...like this!?

:ily:

*gives self hi-5*

in politics, theres no room for forgiveness, just plain hard truth and truth be won. dont give them an inch. in other words dont be so naive, i mean how you can go saying I love you when you know it' so shitty in being deaf in the hearing dominated society?
Deaf politics is extremely limited, it done us hardly any favours except giving a means to enact interpreters as a viable professional careers, limited room for sign language tutors, and teacher's aides (even teachers) and schools for the deafs receiveing an 'appropriate' policy facelift which it meant to quieten us down.

indeed it sux to be deaf, hearing people once again says 'you have all this now' its not so bad, pure bollocks

Forgive me for butting in, but that is just "INEXCUSABLE" and you need to let her supervisor know before she does it to someone else. She won't lose her job this time, but maybe her supervisor will let her know better.

I am sorry that she did that. If you acted like that at your job, you would be fired. I am not hateful or vendictive, and I don't want you to do anything but forgive her, but still, if you say nothing, she will continue to wound innocent people with her nasty attitude. The next Deaf person that she does that to might not be as nice and lose their temper, so you might be doing her a favor by saying something to her now, via a note, or going to her boss.

Court house ethics require confidentiality and professionalism. Your taxes pay her wages. You don't have to be mean, and you need to forgive her for your own sanity, but you still don't have to let it go un-noticed. You noticed it. It hurt you,. You have a right to let her know. Good luck. I will shut up now.

^^^^Hearie on soapbox.^^^^

*chuckles*.. bottesini, I'll live with it.

dreamchaser, thanks for 'butting' in, interesting reply. curious, have you read my post #11? and of course I would forgive if she understood what she did. as william blake says, it is easier to forgive an emeny than to forgive a friend. right now she's my emeny until fate says so.

athina, sorry if my riflings have offended you. I never thought I'd use them when I came here but you know what, I said - hell with it. I didn't had the words to express how the world full of baloney I saw in my world all my life disgusted me. enough to disarm my 'love' gone.

thank you grummer for sharing more, I feel you totally. when I said I was going to shoot my head off, I meant .. everything. not just because of that woman and interpreter... EVERYTHING. and I'm nothing more than absolutely sick of it. the book I'm going to write already has six pages of an outline (excluding the good) in font size 8... EIGHT. so little, so much.

I had a problem like that too but know what I said I will report on you and that shut them up.

It works and of course I filed the complaint and they didnt like that.

Sorry that you are going thru this but not only just you but there are other too.

you are not alone in this.. this had happened to me before.. being rude to and blah.. that is not right.. so obivously i did reported to the managment.. Deserve them right for doing this to me. ugh!

being Deaf sucks but dont let them know that we are in defeat. If we let them know then they will win... no..we gotta stick together and beat the ignornat parts and win? ;)

it sucks being deaf. really sucks that I'm about to shoot my head off. :rl: (at least the icon does it for me because I don't).

thanks for listening to my vent.

I understand what you are going thru as I have been there before. Do I want to trade my life with that rude lady? No thanks. I think any disablity does improve a person. I have read a story about a man who become paralyzed after the skiing(?) accident and he become a better person. A woman who knew him before the accident, won't go out with him because of his boorish behavior. She dated him after his accident and ended up married him. Boorish behavior is a much worse disabilty than deafness.

you are not alone in this.. this had happened to me before.. being rude to and blah.. that is not right.. so obivously i did reported to the managment.. Deserve them right for doing this to me. ugh!

being Deaf sucks but dont let them know that we are in defeat. If we let them know then they will win... no..we gotta stick together and beat the ignornat parts and win? ;)

no, we need to beat the system because that's where people follow the orders of thinking as it is where the source of society's values are being endorsed.

Sorry my bad, I hesitated, but form what i 'see' is, ignorant parts is part of the [WHOLE] ignorant, thus thats why I said the system word, i read so quickly almost thought you said to change one person's ignorance at a time, I used to thnk that was valid, but I never believed it, now i think it's part of the individualism bullshit being spread out with the 'self=responsibily' dogma thing as a part of neo-liberal think-tank....
as an excuse to tell us to ignore how the system is changing for the worse.

Sorry if this wuffle hard to follow.....
i have to hurry to work......

Sorry that you are not happy with your deafness. I guess I dont let those hassles bother me cuz I know I am not the one with the problem. These people who treat us like that are the problem.

I used to think being deaf really sucked but that kind of mentality just brought me down and life is too short. Sure I have bad days like these but life is not perfect. I am sure people who are blind, in wheelchairs, or with mental illnesses have to deal with different kinds of hassles.

:gpost:

I feel for Freckles, but you're right, Shel. Having a sucky atitude doesn't change the atitudes of others. It just makes YOU feel even more like crap!

I'm alot like you, and I don't let people get to me. I'm human, though... It does bother me. Usually, I'll just roll my eyes after the fact or shake my head at the idiot giving me a hard time. It helps to be able to flip them the bird now and then, too! :giggle:

At the end of the day, it's the un-enlightened person who has the problem! Not you or me.

Back