UFC's Matt Hamill's next fight

Rich (23-3) vs Matt (4-1) ouch. He can beat him if he is impoved with his stamina. When Matt beat Rich, finish, he is going to be popular UFC fighter. Rich is going to retire. :lol:

geez idk if Matt can handle with Rich cuz of his record, but I am sure Hamill cant fight against Rampage Jackson! But right now I am most looking forward is Fedor vs Sylvia on July 19th!

geez idk if Matt can handle with Rich cuz of his record, but I am sure Hamill cant fight against Rampage Jackson! But right now I am most looking forward is Fedor vs Sylvia on July 19th!

Fedor is gonna kill Sylvia.

IF Matt beat Rich and he may get two or three fights before title match. Not just Rich ... he gotta to face plenty finest LWH fighters which been best divison in all MMA orgs.

Yes, I am looking forward to watch Affliction : Banned (many great match up with some washed up fighters there) on next PPV due I will be out of town even still gotta catch UFC on SpikeTV that night. Ah UFC seemed like to headbutting Affliction to set SpikeTV up at same night. Simple to UFC did headbutting EliteXC's national tv with UFC/SpikeTV's "Iceman" Liddell show be on same night month ago.

Damn, I still wanna Randy Couture to fight Fedor. Randy and UFC still in the court...once settledown to let Randy off UFC then most likely he will face Fedor asap.

Fedor will take care of Tim with little sweat. I knows "It Happen" like Tim throw wild punch to KO Fedor out ... Fedor seize Tim's bad move...blah blah LOL

yea ofc, aint surprise Fedor will kill Sylvia, authentic

MaxUFC, yea I noticed UFC love headbutting/competition against other MMA, but I am sure alot MMA fans still wanna watch Affliction Banned PPV cuz its great card... I am thinking abt purchase Affliction Banned PPV and watch it or find any bar that will provide PPV... abt Hamill's title hunt, gee if Rampage still hold title after he def Forest on tmw and (sorry to said) Hamill cant beat Rampage for title unless Hamill is very hungry for title...

Enjoy read comments what the people thought of Franklin vs Hamill. :cool2:

Rich Franklin on Matt Hamill UFC 88 fight (Video) at UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets — MMAmania.com

I am fan of both of guys (really...almost been fan on every MMA fighters).

I take Rich cuz of his good stamina and good stand up. I knows about Rich's losses to Anderson Silva twice however that Anderson is my number one pound to pound fighter thou he is number two behind Fedor in almost every MMA media.

Matt can win IF he keep LnP on Rich for all rounds....and better not to stand up with Rich.

Just let you know that MMA people don't really look on figher's record much.

Most of time, they look for best match up like Randy vs Fedor , BJJ vs Wrestling, and everyone vs GraiceJJ.

Just let you know that MMA people don't really look on figher's record much.

Most of time, they look for best match up like Randy vs Fedor , BJJ vs Wrestling, and everyone vs GraiceJJ.

yea true, all people will look on mental, heart, hungry for win, and size

Play by play : Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill

Round 1
The Queen City natives touch hands to begin the contest. Franklin goes to the lead leg of Hamill with three low kicks in the opening 40 seconds. Franklin continues to work the leg but he has yet to connect with a solid kick. Hamill counter punches from the outside but like Franklin, struggles to land with a clean blow. Franklin goes to the inside of Hamill’s right leg and these smack their target. A glancing left hook from Hamill opens a cut above the right eye of Franklin. One minute remains in the frame. Hamill rushes in and muscles Franklin to the canvas. Hamill, now bleeding from above his right eye, defends an armbar attempt. The fighters stand and trade knees as the horn sounds. Franklin’s cut appears to be deep and serious.

Round 2
While Franklin’s cut is deep, bleeding has been stopped for now. Franklin applies pressure with kicks to the body and a flurry of punches. Referee Mario Yamasaki steps in to have the doctor check out Franklin. A chunk of flesh is missing on the eye lid near Franklin’s right temple. The doctor allows the fight to continue. Franklin kicks Hamill on the cup. Time is given to Hamill to recover and a referee warning is issued. Franklin pours it on with kicks to the inside and outside of the left leg of Hamill. A stiff left kick to the body connects for Franklin. Another low kick crashes into Hamill’s left leg. The wrestler, feeling the affects of the punishment, starts to reach for his takedowns instead of dropping levels. A flying knee from Franklin misses short at the end of the frame.

Round 3
Franklin crushes Hamill with a liver kick and this fight is over. The wrestler folds to the canvas and covers while tapping out. The official time is 0:39 of the third.

Matt looked more beef up and improved to keep hands up. Yes, his hand up to leave open spots (legs and lower body) up to Rich's kicks. The match would be stop by ref - big gash cut on Rich's eyebrow. I wants to see Matt to throw more combo punching (right punch-left punch-kick) instead he threw same punch over and over. He did better kicking, too. I likes this Matt better than his past fights. Wish he could take good fight camp for his next fight...I would love to see Matt to work with Randy Couture's cap or American Top Team camp.

Good fought and keep it up, Matt! :applause:

We will see Matt in UFC in late 2008 or early 2009.

First of all, I'm disappointed with Matt, because he did not use his wrestling ability to fight against Rich, because Rich is not good at wrestling, and Matt should have use that to make him tired, and easy to beat him in the 3rd round. Second of all, the doctor should have stopped the fight due to Rich's eye cut, and give Matt a win by "doctor stoppage", and that did not happen. Third of all, Rich kicked Matt in the nuts, so I call that as not clean fight by Rich. I am not going to watch Matt's fight anymore until he prove me wrong. :(

I agree with Authentic. Matt didnt use his ability to whack him out on the ground, unfortunely, Rich had advantage over him. If Matt win over him, it would be HUGE step for him.

There is always next time for Matt. Win in next fight (dunno when)

First of all, I'm disappointed with Matt, because he did not use his wrestling ability to fight against Rich, because Rich is not good at wrestling, and Matt should have use that to make him tired, and easy to beat him in the 3rd round. Second of all, the doctor should have stopped the fight due to Rich's eye cut, and give Matt a win by "doctor stoppage", and that did not happen. Third of all, Rich kicked Matt in the nuts, so I call that as not clean fight by Rich. I am not going to watch Matt's fight anymore until he prove me wrong. :(

agree with u, man... Hamill also need work on condition, I can see him worn out in late 2nd round also 3rd round...

Rich Franklin Videos - Rich Franklin Video Clips

Look up for Franklin vs Hamill post fight video "UFC 88 reaction : Franklin and Hamill".

:hmm: You might not know (since no one say here so far) :hmm: :

- Franklin and Hamill were childhood friend.

- Hamill was Franklin's wrestling partner in his past fights...that got me wonder if Rich got Matt into The Ulitmate Fighter 3 which Rich was TUF 2 coach (I would love to know).

- I think that you don't know who is Franklin's trainer, Matt Hume whom Rich went to Oregan to get train from Hume's camp for three months up to UFC 88. Who is this Matt Hume? Matt Hume - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia AMC Instructors That what I thought Hamill heard about Franklin gone with Matt Hume that might lead his gameplan changed?.

- Hamill mentioned about his gameplan against Franklin : southpaw punch - quick punch - takedown. He got two of three and tried to do takedown was stopped by Franklin via helping from Matt Hume. You know every sport team always having gameplans before the gametime, right?.

- Matt say he knew Franklin is great wrestler by they worked together long time. He say that "He is best" on that video.

So, you guys haven't get into the cage or ring where you don't get "feel" from Hamill's. Too easy to point the fault on Hamill for what he did not attempt takedowns if you never been in the cage, dudes.

Next time, whenever you meet Matt Hamill...just asking him questions "why you didn't takedown?" I am sure Matt will be happy to anwser your question (email to Matt Hamill if you want an answer)

That is okay to said something negative IF you are drunk redneck fan in bleednose seat like every sports nowday. :lol:

Reminders : Matt Hamill is not Fedor Emelianenko or Randy Couture. Like NFL's Patriots QB Matt Cassel is not Tom Brady.

I still cheering for Matt Hamill in any condition. :wave: WAR HAMILL!

Back