UbiDuo

I know the co-owner of this ubiduo.. I have used it at work but in meetings we all prefer interpreter because of time and no one to communicate with me while in meetings that is called at last minute or whatever. Interpreter made it easy. They only use it for interviews or serious matter or workers group meetings to improve the environment which takes a week, cheaper then interpreters (8 hrs every day for 5 days). I think it is helpful for specific reason or very private matter that you dont want 3rd party to know. In Kansas and Missouri, few interpreters say something we didn't want them to say and mess things up. I have to correct them several time.. so the person I am talking to don't misunderstand my point of view... that is the reason why ubiduo was invented but I told the owners it is kinda ridiculous because it takes extra time to set it up if I am in rush.. paper and pen or body language is the best thing.

To tell you Oddball, it is not annoying device.. it is the people. The co-owner is twice annoying as they are. I asked him why charge 8k (which has been reduced to 2k), he said they had to pay the engineers at the begninning to get it on the roll and for the parts.. plus the market. I was like well you know deaf community do not have that kind of money... he said it is for businesses, if you have the money, that would be wonderful. I was like what the f***.. and laughed.. yea right then he just went silent... he had few of my friends on the job to spread the word but they did not stay on the job more then two or three years. Yeah the co-owner is still trying to sell these devices. I told him reduce the price and improve the technology.. so I dont know what his plans are as today.

I don't mind having them but I rather use my old fashioned communication with the people I have grew up using.

I know the co-owner of this ubiduo.. I have used it at work but in meetings we all prefer interpreter because of time and no one to communicate with me while in meetings that is called at last minute or whatever. Interpreter made it easy. They only use it for interviews or serious matter or workers group meetings to improve the environment which takes a week, cheaper then interpreters (8 hrs every day for 5 days). I think it is helpful for specific reason or very private matter that you dont want 3rd party to know. In Kansas and Missouri, few interpreters say something we didn't want them to say and mess things up. I have to correct them several time.. so the person I am talking to don't misunderstand my point of view... that is the reason why ubiduo was invented but I told the owners it is kinda ridiculous because it takes extra time to set it up if I am in rush.. paper and pen or body language is the best thing.

To tell you Oddball, it is not annoying device.. it is the people. The co-owner is twice annoying as they are. I asked him why charge 8k (which has been reduced to 2k), he said they had to pay the engineers at the begninning to get it on the roll and for the parts.. plus the market. I was like well you know deaf community do not have that kind of money... he said it is for businesses, if you have the money, that would be wonderful. I was like what the f***.. and laughed.. yea right then he just went silent... he had few of my friends on the job to spread the word but they did not stay on the job more then two or three years. Yeah the co-owner is still trying to sell these devices. I told him reduce the price and improve the technology.. so I dont know what his plans are as today.

I don't mind having them but I rather use my old fashioned communication with the people I have grew up using.

Thank you for clearing that up about Ubiduos. Now I understand what you and Oddball are saying about these small laptops that are not working the right way. Now I see that Ubiduos are used for businesses like Oddball mention in his workplace. I thought the small laptop is for social chat between hearing person and deaf person like one to one in making conversations. I saw the ad somewhere and I thought Ubiduos are the same like that. Sorry for misunderstanding. What a bummer. :eek3:

do you all know how much they charge office chairs for businesses and schools? it is as outrageous as this thing.

I wonder if they get a tax reduction for hiring interpreter... or do they have to add interpreter on their payroll (Like an employee).

I wonder if they get a tax reduction for hiring interpreter... or do they have to add interpreter on their payroll (Like an employee).

Yes. but not for reduction. They get tax refunds for hiring any kind of interpreter. Some companies know while the rest didn't know about this.

Forgot to mention... interpreters often misinterpret what we want them to interpret for us.

Some individuals do not have English as their primary language and using a Ubideo with a hearing person cna be arward compared to using ASL terps.

Richard Fr. Monterey

Back