UbiDuo Communication device Open House

ljjehl

Reaction score
Hi all!!

I spoke of the Ubiduo a few months ago when asking questions about it. The link referencing the query is here:

http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/64645-ubiduo-questions.html

I wanted to let you know that there is more stuff happening in San Antonio!! Sam's Club and SComm is having an Open House from 8 to 10 am on August 31st, Monday, to show anybody that is interested in how the Ubiduo works. Here's a link about this device, if you do not know what a UbiDuo is:

sComm | Freedom Through Communication

Sam's Club is adding a second club with the Ubiduo to help bridge the communication barrier. They are also having a ASL interpreter "in house" to help with the "hands on" demonstration. Here's the Invitation to all that are interested and are in the San Antonio, Texas area tomorrow....

8/21/2009

You’re invited to attend an Open House hosted by Sam’s Club and sComm!

Sam’s Club and sComm are working together to increase face-to-face communication accessibility for customers, members, associates, and employees who are deaf or hard of hearing. The UbiDuo is a communication device that enables deaf or hard of hearing and hearing people to communicate face-to-face without a third party. The UbiDuo will be available at the Sam’s Club in San Antonio, Texas so that customers, members, associates, and employees can communicate with each other face-to-face freely.

At the Open House, sComm’s Vice President Emma Curry will demonstrate the UbiDuo and its effectiveness in providing Freedom through Communication to deaf or hard of hearing employees and customers at Sam’s Club.

Monday, August 31, 2009
8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Sam’s Club
12912 San Pedro Avenue
San Antonio, Texas 78216

sComm is very excited about the opportunity to bridge the hearing and deaf/hard of hearing worlds in a shopping and employment environment like Sam’s Club. Please feel free to extend this invitation to your coworkers, friends, and acquaintances who are involved in the deaf/hard of hearing community.

We hope to see you at the Open House! If you need additional information, you can contact me at 816-350-7008 or jason@scommonline.com. You can also contact Janet Palma, Club Manager, at 210-496-9924.

Communicate Freely,

Jason

Anybody interested, this will help Sam's Club bridge the gap they have been experiencing with deaf, hard of hearing, and voice disabled shoppers. We now have 2 clubs in San Antonio that now have these, and hope to increase it to ALL clubs throughout the USA!!

(In case you do not know what Sam's Club is, they are a subsidiary of Walmart: Sam's Club - samsclub.com )

Leo

That's my buddy! :wave:

And, oooh, just wait til you see more amazing products to come out next at the UbiDuo headquarter.

Hopefully there will be someone interested in coming over...hate to see an ASL interpreter's services wasted if there is no interest....

I think it was a success! We had some agencies come check it out, plus some public school representatives and also a deaf group. The interpreters had a blast!!

Great news! Glad it was a smashing success.

Back