U of Texas

hootster

Reaction score
Anyone currently attending UT?

I attend the University of Texas AT DALLAS... not in Austin. I know this doesn't help but oh well. I actually have a friend who graduated in 2005 with a BS and MA in Accounting from UT-Austin.

UT-Austin is the flagship school of the University of Texas system, right?

Nobody? Aww man. The reason why I asked is cuz I m interested in going to UT for grad school. I was hoping I could find some info on what kind of a deaf community UT and Austin has.

If anyone has any kind of info, even if u dont attend UT, please let me know. Thanks all.

I am a Texan and was born in Houston.... I live in Pennsylvania... You can try the Texas School for the Deaf and ask about the deaf community UT- Austin.

The Texas School for the Deaf is across the bridge to the right alittle ways up there and you can take the city bus from downtown to TSD.

Check out TSD website...

http://www.tsd.state.tx.us/

Hope this helps :) :thumb:

Nah, UT is alright... show sign as rock... :aw:

Univ of Texas

I have been looking into moving to Austin but UT doesn't have a Deaf Education masters program, they have Speech Comm. Anyway from what I have learned Austin does have a deaf community how big it is though i do not know. But if you find out please let me know I am not on this site often so just email me at mjcc2002@aol.com

i have been to UT-Austin and ever the UT tower

i visited there while i was visiting my brother when he lives there from 1998 to 2004 he met his then girlfriend and he married her there i was at the wedding

moonflower said:
i have been to UT-Austin and ever the UT tower

i visited there while i was visiting my brother when he lives there from 1998 to 2004 he met his then girlfriend and he married her there i was at the wedding

Hey, since u have been there a couple of times, do u know much about the deaf community? If u do, I would like to ask u a few questions.

I've thought about UT before. I don't know very much about the UT deaf community but I've had deaf friends previously attend UT in Austin.

Maybe someone else here would know more about the UT--Austin deaf community? :dunno:

I don't know much about UT's grad school program. But I do know that Austin itself does have a huge deaf community there. Last year, I met 3 deaf students who were taking classes for their masters and PHD at UT Austin. They were extremely brilliant but they already graduated. One of them teaches at Ohio State Univ. and the other one teaches at Gally. There are alot of deaf residents in Austin - the chances of you meeting a deaf person in Austin is very very good since the deaf community is large. They also have what they call "DPHH Austin" (?? not sure if I got it right??). I've never been to their DPHH events but if I'm not mistaken, I think they have a website -- check out the dates and then you'll meet the deaf community at wherever they host the DPHH.

MMA fan said:
I don't know much about UT's grad school program. But I do know that Austin itself does have a huge deaf community there. Last year, I met 3 deaf students who were taking classes for their masters and PHD at UT Austin. They were extremely brilliant but they already graduated. One of them teaches at Ohio State Univ. and the other one teaches at Gally. There are alot of deaf residents in Austin - the chances of you meeting a deaf person in Austin is very very good since the deaf community is large. They also have what they call "DPHH Austin" (?? not sure if I got it right??). I've never been to their DPHH events but if I'm not mistaken, I think they have a website -- check out the dates and then you'll meet the deaf community at wherever they host the DPHH.

Wow, I m glad. I had no idea that Austin had a large deaf community. I mean, I knew that it had a deaf community, but I didnt know that it was that large. This is a very encouraging news for me. Now I want to go there bad! haha. Thanks for all that info.

Back