types of computers

Fo'Shizzle

Reaction score
What kind of computer do you have and what year?

I am using a Toshiba M105 laptop that I purchased brand new last week. I luff it.

I have Dell Window XP home Edition. It new bought by someone for my birthday since may. :)

I have a laptop, with my HDTV connected via a VGA port and a wireless keyboard and mouse.

HP Pavilion Notebook zv6130us
AMD Athlon64 3200+ (2GHz)
512MB RAM
74.32 GB (2.32GB for Windows Vista's Virtual Memory, 36GB for Windows XP with Virtual Memory, 36 for Vista Beta 2 Build 5384)
ATI Radeon Mobility X200 Chipset 128MB VRAM Dedicated
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Sound Card
Windows XP Home SP2 and Vista Beta 2 Build 5384

I'm planning to build a high-end computer next year (my money goes toward apartment first).

Which 5 PC do you want to know? Anywhere between i486 to AMD Athlon64 most of them I built em! 2 Intels, and 3 AMDs Im running two PC with Linux in it.

My computer is from home build from my 2nd sister's best friend's friend which have own bussiness store that he build my computer :)

actually, i don't have a computer. i use a gateway laptop.

BUT 95 percent of the time, i use my sidekick ;). comes in VERY handy when i'm sitting on my bum at work.

I have a Gateway desktop computer and I've had it since September 2001. It's my first own desktop computer that I ever paid for. I also bought my own laptop a year before that from another friend and it was a Compaq from 1996. It still works fine. My laptop has Windows 98 and my desktop has Windows ME (yeah, laugh at me about WinME being horrible ;) ). Heh!

My first computer was in the early 1980s. It was a desktop PC Junior. Later, my dad gave me his old laptop... Compaq 1990. It had Windows 3.1 on it. Next, was the laptop I mentioned earlier and then the desktop I also mentioned earlier. :)

Laptop is a computer! It is just a type of computer you have.

Desktop = that is what majority of computer type
Laptop = getting popular nowadays
server = heavier duty computer that deals 1 or more client.

suicidegirl said:
actually, i don't have a computer. i use a gateway laptop.

BUT 95 percent of the time, i use my sidekick ;). comes in VERY handy when i'm sitting on my bum at work.

I have Macintosh that my boyfriend bought 5 years ago. It still works good. :)

VamPyroX said:
My laptop has Windows 98 and my desktop has Windows ME (yeah, laugh at me about WinME being horrible ;) ). Heh!

tell that to me vamp. I had Windows ME upgraded on my old Gateway desktop and it sucked donkey balls for sure. Windows ME opened the Gateway of Hell for the last year I had it (2001) until I killed the computer.

Now Im sitting on a HP laptop I bought last year and its been great except im wearing out the keyboard :lol:

Mine is custome built it has AMD 1600+ 1.40 Ghz 512 ram been 5 years still running like a charm.

diehardbiker65 said:
Laptop is a computer! It is just a type of computer you have.

Desktop = that is what majority of computer type
Laptop = getting popular nowadays
server = heavier duty computer that deals 1 or more client.

thanks for explaining :)

Dell Inspiron Laptop... for 3 years. *had window xp pro, slackware linux on it*

Lappy: Sony Vaio 3 years old and Ubuntu Linux
Tower: Compaq Presario 10 years old and Windows 95

cool i never heard of word: lappy that means laptop where did you learn from?

Oh its nothing new, I have always called it Lappy. It is just a nickname for Laptop in computer world.

starrygaze said:
cool i never heard of word: lappy that means laptop where did you learn from?

Back