Two Worlds (hearing & deaf)

i grew up as the only deafie in the family -- sure i love my family and all but gosh i feel left out ALOT --

personally i prefer hanging out with other Deafies for social, and communication cuz its all right there -- easy can uddy and communicate better than with hearies and i dont have that much patience with hearies and limit my interaction with hearies to only a few basic things -- work, when out in the general public doing errands and such

Oddball is right -- BOTH hearie and Deaf worlds still have backstabbing and other related BSBSBS so makes no difference

Originally posted by ChelEler
What's up with not enough moderators in here? :confused: Don't you mean to move this thread to other forum, eh?

In short answers, yes.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
In short answers, yes.

What the big deal abt it beside it was mistake putting this thread here. I am new on this site and not only one that other threads had been mistake putting here so move on :eek: Nobody is perfect putting any threads in topics if it was mistake. :roll:

Originally posted by Vamwolf
What the big deal abt it beside it was mistake putting this thread here. I am new on this site and not only one that other threads had been mistake putting here so move on :eek: Nobody is perfect putting any threads in topics if it was mistake. :roll:

No...don't take me wrong. I'm not mad or upset at you. I understand that you are new here. I was just answering Yes to that we're short of available moderators. :ily:

That's why this board has a feature to have all the threads that are under the wrong section to be moved. Enjoy your time here at AllDeaf. :cool:

Originally posted by SilenceGold
No...don't take me wrong. I'm not mad or upset at you. I understand that you are new here. I was just answering Yes to that we're short of available moderators. :ily:

That's why this board has a feature to have all the threads that are under the wrong section to be moved. Enjoy your time here at AllDeaf. :cool:

Oh ok sorry :bowdown: it my misunderstanding abt moderators which at first I didnt what you meant till understand what is moderators are. Well at first someone mentioned that thread belong somewhere else so I have sent message to them in pm and havent got response from them yet. So if anyone still complains abt it then what can I do and please stick with this topic thanks :D :cool:

I've never really had problems with the hearing/deaf world. I went to the Central Institute for the Deaf and they were strongly oral. I then moved to Texas and went to mainstream school with a small deaf program. By the time I was 8 years old, I went to mainstream classes with interpreters. By the time I was 13 years old, I had all mainstream classes. That's why I'm used to the hearing world. I also have worked at jobs that require me to talk and I have no problem there. There are some people who are too damn stubborn to work with hearing people and that is what pulls themselves down and back with the deaf society.

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I've never really had problems with the hearing/deaf world. I went to the Central Institute for the Deaf and they were strongly oral. I then moved to Texas and went to mainstream school with a small deaf program. By the time I was 8 years old, I went to mainstream classes with interpreters. By the time I was 13 years old, I had all mainstream classes. That's why I'm used to the hearing world. I also have worked at jobs that require me to talk and I have no problem there. There are some people who are too damn stubborn to work with hearing people and that is what pulls themselves down and back with the deaf society.

What years did you go to CID? Remind me again. :D

Wow, didn't see this thread until today -- I'd have to say both because I grew up in the hearing world most of the times. My sister and I are the only ones deaf in the entire family...went to public hearing school that had a deaf program in it. After 4.5 years of public schools, I transferred to a deaf residential school where I was highly exposed to the deaf world for 8 years. I really had a love and hate relationship with the deaf world due to a variety of reasons.

Nowadays, I love both worlds -- have learnt how to live with both worlds hand in hand because hearing world's permanetly here and so is the deaf world. ;)

Back