Two companies, post Obamacare, taxed in amount of 1/4 billion dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious how they come to that calculation.

If you have $1000 to spend every single day since Jesus Christ, you'd still not reach 1 billion.

An Obama administration official did not respond to a request for comment on AT&T's announcement but the White House in the past has suggested that companies are exaggerating the impact of the loss because they oppose the new law.

Guess what, it's not gonna matter if it's an exaggeration or not, they're gonna lay off people anyway.

Expect massive layoffs in the coming 4 years, unless of course somehow that new law gets repealed.

Yiz

I am curious how they come to that calculation.

If you have $1000 to spend every single day since Jesus Christ, you'd still not reach 1 billion.

Obviously you don't know next to Adam how to run a business, especially a multi-billion dollar business.

Yiz

Guess what, it's not gonna matter if it's an exaggeration or not, they're gonna lay off people anyway.

Expect massive layoffs in the coming 4 years, unless of course somehow that new law gets repealed.

Yiz

I do expect them. I hope those who don't will stick around for a few years so that we can post the totals for them

Before the Obamacare, Caterpillar had $100 million extra in the bank enough for 2,500 jobs at $40,000/yr and John Deere had $150 million extra in the bank enough for 3,700 jobs at $40,000/yr. But after Obamacare? How can they hire more people now if the economy starts to pick up? They'll have to lay off more people. If you haven't noticed or realized by now is that Obamacare is a business killer. I'd rather have a job that gives me a house, money to feed my family, a car and a little something on the side to enjoy than worry about insurance. Now it's no house, no car, less security, more welfare dependency, more stress on the family, stress on family and kids, etc...

Thanks Obama.

Thanks Congress.

Thanks to the people who voted for Obama.

Class act all around.
It does not work that way. There are deductibles and other expenses associated with an employee outside their wage or salary.

Of course, the whole idea is to "incentivize" companies and corporations over to the govt, on tax payers' dime, dumping millions of retirees over into Medicare, a vastly inferior plan that the private one that the companies were subsidized for. So, it is the retirees and seniors that will bear the brunt of that. But while "encouraging" companies (more like extortion) they also lose money in the process as well. And we all know what that means. And we know how irresponsible Congress and Obama are to sign onto the health care bill without reading it first. Class act all around.

The Associated Press: Companies say health care costs hard to swallow

It does not work that way. There are deductibles and other expenses associated with an employee outside their wage or salary.

It's an incentivization effort by removing these tax breaks for these companies and get retirees over onto the Medicare plan, an inferior plan compared to the privatized ones that they were subsidized with. This will simply backfire. It's already backfiring as we can see.

Yes, it does account for future recipients. It is already recognized that when the criteria change, the number of recipients change as well.

Well then, where is the extra money coming from?

It was always a great Idea for children......Hence. CHIP. Too bad many poor don't have enough brains to look. Then there are the folks making $60.000 a year who choose amenities over insurance. :shrug:

What a judgemental, egocentric, objectionable, and untrue statement that is. You have sunk to a new low.:roll:

It's an incentivization effort by removing these tax breaks for these companies and get retirees over onto the Medicare plan, an inferior plan compared to the privatized ones that they were subsidized with. This will simply backfire. It's already backfiring as we can see.

incentivization??

Why take statements like that seriously?

I don't take the statement in and of itself seriously because of the very nature of the statement. What I do take seriously is the indication it gives of the character of those who oppose health care reform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back