Twinkies is going out of business !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not grasping the point. Simply put, A CEO's job is to manage the bottom line. That is what matters. An employees cost of living is entirely irrelevant except when considering whether or not location changes may result in cheaper labor.

You entitled your opinion about between cost of living and wage.

but for me, I disagree with that.

It is not an opinion....it is fact. It is Business 101.

No, it isn't fact, so make think about wage is relevant or irrelevant is opinion matter, so the course I took don't cover because greater factor is market demand.

I don't understand why manager didn't hire any replacement workers to keep company in operation.

I agree about striking already killed the operation and made difficult to sell, however managers should be responsible to find a replacement.

replacement is very costly. it's not easy to simply find somebody else and train them in short timeframe. it takes months to train them for skilled jobs.

delivery job is a different story but with thousands of workers just not showing up for work.... that's damaging enough for a company especially when it comes to manufacturing job.

No, it isn't fact, so make think about wage is relevant or irrelevant is opinion matter, so the course I took don't cover because greater factor is market demand.

Good luck in school

replacement is very costly. it's not easy to simply find somebody else and train them. it takes months to train them for skilled jobs.

delivery job is a different story but with thousands of workers just not showing up for work.... that's damaging enough for a company especially when it comes to manufacturing job.

Oh I see, interesting.

I checked the article and they said teamsters (union that represent delivery workers, known as shipping) agreed with new contract but bakery union refused, so went on strike.

I hopefully workers in other companies learn about Hostess mistake so they don't have go on strike that could put burden on company.

For my opinion - Hostess is dying and bakery workers need to take pay cut and the executives should something to recover the company from bankruptcy, so Hostess filed for bankruptcy for 2nd time.

Not really, CEO's are "talent" and usually pricey commodities. There are fewer at the top so increases in salary have little impact on the bottom line. When a company is in trouble it is fairly common to pay higher ups more to keep them from jumping off a sinking ship. Especially if it is believed those executives are the right people for turning the company around. (in this case that is somewhat suspect).

The biggest mistake management made was paying union labor $20/hr with a nice benefit package for squirting cream into a sponge cake.

It takes a very special talent to oversee people squirting cream into a sponge cake. No matter that the squirters were overpaid union thieves, and the company was going bankrupt; those squirter overseers needed to double or triple their salary right before they went to bankruptcy court., even though it might reflect poorly. After all, they were extremely talented squirter overseers, and Little Debbie was secretly making job offers to the squirter overseers, because they were....extremely talented.

You are not grasping the point. Simply put, A CEO's job is to manage the bottom line. That is what matters. An employees cost of living is entirely irrelevant except when considering whether or not location changes may result in cheaper labor.

And they did that poorly, yet awarded themselves huge bonuses. At the same time, they told the people that cannot vote themselves huge bonuses to take a hike. They had a carcass to clean, and $10,000,000 makes a bigger splash when split 8 ways instead of 18,000 ways.

It takes a very special talent to oversee people squirting cream into a sponge cake. No matter that the squirters were overpaid union thieves, and the company was going bankrupt; those squirter overseers needed to double or triple their salary right before they went to bankruptcy court., even though it might reflect poorly. After all, they were extremely talented squirter overseers, and Little Debbie was secretly making job offers to the squirter overseers, because they were....extremely talented.

The squirters are free to squirt elsewhere if they are unhappy with their wage.

oh god what have I done... I should have enabled SafeSearch for google image.... *smh*

I agree with members who say Hostess brands are starting obsolete and not many people want unhealthy, fat snacks. Hostess had filed for bankruptcy in past and they did again so it is good for them to be go.

If you want Hostess snacks so go to Canada and buy it, so I hadn't eat Hostess snacks since late 90's.

And they likely will need to, because the squirter overseers did a poor job of overseeing, except for their bank balances.

I could ask you point blank; are you ok with the execs giving themselves massive bonuses on the eve of bankruptcy court, and the union workers are the reason the company is in trouble, but I think I already know your answer. We will disagree until the end of time. Greed kills jobs. Unions are often greedy, as well as business executives. One is forced to negotiate, the other is not. Pick your poison.

BTW, I will never buy Hostess products again. I blame the greed of the company (not going to single any side out) and the fact I like to live healthy. That precludes all of their products from finding a way into my home.

And they likely will need to, because the squirter overseers did a poor job of overseeing, except for their bank balances.

I could ask you point blank; are you ok with the execs giving themselves massive bonuses on the eve of bankruptcy court, and the union workers are the reason the company is in trouble, but I think I already know your answer. We will disagree until the end of time. Greed kills jobs. Unions are often greedy, as well as business executives. One is forced to negotiate, the other is not. Pick your poison.

BTW, I will never buy Hostess products again. I blame the greed of the company (not going to single any side out) and the fact I like to live healthy. That precludes all of their products from finding a way into my home.

Perfectly ok with it. It is/was their company to run as they see fit. Their pay is more but the consequences are greater too.

Federal Express and UPS are "merging up". The new company is going to be called Fed UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back