TV Guide Channel Closed-captioning

Josta

Reaction score
The TV Guide Channel, in close-captioning their programming, places their captions in a position where it makes it difficult, if not impossible, to view the scrolling TV listings. :crazy:

Here is a link to the TV Guide Channel Customer Service:

http://online.tvguide.com/services/feedback/online/contactus.asp

You may want to cut and paste this comment:

Thank you for close-captioning your TV Guide Channel programming, however the captions are placed so as to make it difficult, if not impossible, to view the scrolling TV listings! If you must caption, could you at least move the captions up higher so not as to block the scrolling TV listings. Thank you.

Well, if the TV Guide Channel did that, the captions would now block the visual content appearing above the listings. There's no real good solution to this.

One suggestion; Hit any button on the remote, i.e., volume control, MUTE, etc. and usually the captions will disappear momentarily. Viola! You can now see the TV Guide listings.

Otherwise, having an EPG with a digital Set Top Box receiver is the best.

Yes, but having the captions disappear "momentarily" won't help here....normally one spends several minutes viewing the scrolling listings trying to decide what show to watch.

I don't know why they even bother captioning it anyways, LOL.

Yea, I have a digital cable with hard drive (DVR inside of digital cable box), the interactive guide for tv schedules, sometime the CC is appearing on interactive guide with Pip (tv showing) on the top right corner while reading the guides. I usually press down or up button to scroll a guides.

Back