Turn around time for new earmolds

danka58

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering. I'm in the Northern Kentucky Tri-state area. It's been over 2 weeks and the pair of earmolds ordered still isn't ready.

I'm a Master Goldsmith/ Watchmaker with 22 years of extensive experience with molding and casting of various materials. Duplicate earmolds could easily take me 6 hours to produce in gold, silver, acrylics, silicone and such.

What's the story? Is there a shortage of labs, backed up on orders? has anyone waited this long?

I wonder the same thing Bott does.

Whenever I've had earmolds made, it only took about a week for them to arrive from the lab.

In england it's 8 weeks on NHS!!! and i have to make an appt to have them cut!! which is another 2 weeks or more depending on availablity of appt.

But as now I am under CI centre's care which is 2 weeks and they would send it to you where ever i am (i was on holiday in Austria for my last set)

Mine were always ready within two weeks.When I was a kid they took longer coz they sent it with post , and post always took their time to get here.

Mine typically takes about 10-14 days ... I do wish it were faster. But at least it ain't 8 weeks !!! :shock:

Hey Char, my earmould's have only been 2 weeks to wait to arrive

I don't like going for the earmold. Takes 10 minutes to make and 2 weeks to "ship it off" to the lab. Everything always has to be sent to the lab. Why can't an audie have a lab in their building? It's not that complicated. My old H.A. is being repaired. It was shipped off to the lab for 2 weeks too! The worse thing about molds is they often don't get them fitted right and they have to redo them... I can't tell you the number of sores I've gotten in my ear from a bad mold. Ok... I'm done whining.

Back