Tubing, foam wind protectors and such

Beach girl

Reaction score
For those of you who change your own tubing: where do you buy the tubing and the little foam wind protector dealies? (I have Phonak Savia Arts.) How do you do it with the little metal clamps inside? Can that be done by the HA user at home?

I used to change my own tubing, but now have those little metal clamps and don't know how to do those, nor where to buy the supplies anyway. My audi charges $20 a pop to change them, which I think is a lot. Especially since a hearing aid place in the OBX will change my tubes for free, and I'm not even a customer; have not bought a single thing from them.

Would love to know what the rest of you pay for tubing.

Colored Tubing

You can see exactly how much I pay per tube. And they have a catalog link there too, so you can check it they have what you want.

Wow, thanks very much! I don't see any with the little metal do-dad but they have something similar with a plastic lock. MUCH, much cheaper and more convenient to buy 24 at a time - that would last me for a while!

In the summer I need to change them more often as they get clogged with wax and gunk more easily when it's hot.

$20 to change tubing? wow! I was able to get 2 spare tubes, with plastic tube locks (the rings on them) from my audie's assistant a couple weeks ago, no charge. And she put in a weather protector on my hearing aid on the battery cover to replace the one that went missing. The one on the battery cover I could easily replace myself, but the other 2 covering the mics on the HA.... how the heck would I even get them out?! haha oh well.

the link Bott provided, they have a whole variety of options for decent price. I haven't ordered from there yet, maybe someday. I'd like to try the colored tubes, but they don't have the rings/locks on them so I'm not sure how long they'd last in my earmold...

Back