TTY & VCO compatible cell phone

eughr

Reaction score
I'm new on this forum. I joined to share user experience with people that are using TTY devices.
I'm plannig to buy for first time a TTY/VCO device and a compatible cell phone. Can somebody give me an advice what are best cell phones that allow to read TTY messages and let me respond using my own voice (works in VCO mode).

best cell phones with tty/vco and Captel

Hi,

I have used Verizon cells fro the past 4 years with my Krown portable TTY/VCO. I have never lost a signal or had any trouble with either of them. However, my portable Krown pocketcom just bit the dust a month ago. It costs $100 to have it repaired and I am trying to get a new one for about $189. There is a newer model coming out by Krown in mid winter that has no keyboard but Krown is backlogged with orders. I have always had verizon and researched the phones a lot before I bought it. I text when I have to but I am really missing the Krown by now. I use a Captel at home.

I'm new on this forum. I joined to share user experience with people that are using TTY devices.
I'm plannig to buy for first time a TTY/VCO device and a compatible cell phone. Can somebody give me an advice what are best cell phones that allow to read TTY messages and let me respond using my own voice (works in VCO mode).

I work for wireless company.. I can tell you that all current model phone will work with TTY device.. FCC requires all wireless carrier to support TTY since late 90s or very early 2000 (I cant recall date but it been around for while).

If you are using TTY that use non-bluetooth, make sure to get phone that has headset port so you can plug into TTY (ie. Q90). As for VCO, I never tried that, but I have seen phone has options for TTY, VCO. You might want to bring your TTY to store to "demo" the phone before buying it.

Back