TTY call brought a smile to my face

Handsome_Smiley

Reaction score
Hello, not sure where this belongs, but this is the 1st time I got a responce that I didn't expect. It made me laugh and smile. I try to give thanks to the operator every time I have to use relay. Thank god I know how now since I am in Germany. I thought that everyone should read and get a smile out of it. Sometimes, it is nice to just have a little side-bar with TTY operators and have a laugh or two.

HawkRelay (10:43:27 PM): bye ( hung up) WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLACE ANOTHER CALL QQ GA
HandsomeSmiley4 (10:43:54 PM): thank you operator, hope you have a nice day, I am going to bed
HandsomeSmiley4 (10:44:01 PM): end call
HawkRelay (10:44:06 PM): jealous THANK YOU FOR USING RELAY CA XXXXX BYE SKSK
HawkRelay (10:44:51 PM): Thank you for choosing Hawk Relay. Your session has now ended.

Poor operator was probably tired.

Person probably tired of the rude ppl they where typing to and talking to. I know I have come across some businesses that hung up on my wife cause she was deaf. And of course, my wife went off, but the only person that got yelled at was the operator, and she couldn't help with that, since the other end hung up.

Person probably tired of the rude ppl they where typing to and talking to. I know I have come across some businesses that hung up on my wife cause she was deaf. And of course, my wife went off, but the only person that got yelled at was the operator, and she couldn't help with that, since the other end hung up.

I have been there and try not to yell at the operator cuz it wasnt their fault.

I always ask the relay "Can you dial this number 555-5555 pls ga" and then "Thank you relay, bye sk"

I always feel stupid for doing it, but I wanted to be polite to those people.

I always smile a little when relay operator add a bit of something cute after I am done having a conversation with someone.

Aww!!! When [deaf] customers say their thank you's even in the simplest way, all the terrible calls I've had in the day will be overruled and it will instantly put a smile on my face!

Back