TSUNAMI!!!!! Stay AWAY from Coasts!!!!!!

Alicein1derland

Reaction score
Is Everybody ok????? Califorinia coasts, Washington coasts, Oregon coast, all HI, you ok??? need to leave!!!!! all morning, giant waves tsunami will be hitting coasts. Tsunami can hug all around Islands. Speeds of jet airplane equal the water speed. Wall of Water moving! Water carries cars, trucks, trees, houses, people. All friends wake up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsunami

1 meter = 3.2808399 feet

Last edited:
20110312_gordonMAP1.gif

A 6.5-foot tsunami is expected to reach Kauai at 3:07 a.m. today after it passed Midway Island at a height of 8.2 feet, according to the National Weather Service.

The tsunami that was generated from an 8.9-magnitude quake in Japan is expected to strike Oahu at 3:14 a.m.

The weather service reminded people that there will be a series of waves and the first wave may not be the biggest.

People on Oahu will be barred from entering tsunami inundation zones after 2 a.m. this morning, Mayor Peter Carlisle said.

He implored people to stop shopping and waiting in long lines to fill up their vehicles with gas.

"We want them to get out and get safe now," Carlisle said.

Coastal gauges at Wake Island and Saipan showed arriving wave heights of about 1.6 feet and 2.5 feet respectively, said Pacific Tsunami Warning Center geophysicist Gerard Fryer.

For Hawaii, that means, so far, "it looks like the largest waves, in Haleiwa and Hilo, will be about 2 meters (more than 6 feet)," Fryer said.

Fryer said scientists are actually analyzing two models — one that shows waves of up to 2 meters and one showing half of that.

Hawaii Civil Defense officials are advising all residents in tsunami inundation zones to evacuate immediately and Honolulu police officers were ordered out of tsunami inundation zones at 12:18 a.m.

According to recent estimates, about 30,000 residents live in the coastal inundation zone, said John Cummings, a spokesman for city Department of Emergency Management.

Early this morning police officers reported that some people were refusing to leave and officers were instructed to warn residents of the dangers.

Civil Defense alarms sounded periodically throughout the night, beginning just before 10 p.m.

A tsunami warning was issued at 9:30 p.m. for Hawaii as a result of a 8.9-magnitude earthquake near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. The earthquake and resulting tsunami killed at least 32 people in Japan.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a tsunami watch at 7:56 p.m. after the quake struck 231 miles northeast of Tokyo.

Chevy, thank you for that image. Yes, that's what they said; the waves will hit at only beach and a bit beyond cities. I don't think they will whip out of all west states.....

:eek3: oh no another quake....ohhhh all those people and animals in Japan, Hawai'i ....

guess I will need to check out for my aunt in CA....it didn't seem like West U.S. was in much danger from the tsunami though

:ty:for map and info.

They are not expecting any significant damage from the tsunami here in the United States or Canada. Judging from the maps the energy from the wave is being directed more to South America.

However I'm in Arkansas. I have a better chance of feeling an Earthquake in the poultry houses than a tsunami. ;)

Back