Tsk.. Tsk... to Bounty Hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman

well he feel so ashame for saying N word, well if we do say words that are bad that we wouldn't say it then we would be ashame for. since he apologied so move on AND i forgiven him, he is just human making mistakes.
the show is not cancel. the show is just been pulled for awhile

Yep, you got that right. It just postpone for a short while until they get back on their feet and move on. :fingersx:

that sux. He said he did that out of anger but one has to wonder if the feelings are there alll along and the anger just brought them to the surface. I think his son sold the tape because of his fathers dis-approval of the inter-racial relationship. Here we go again... 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards. Sighs!!

that sux. He said he did that out of anger but one has to wonder if the feelings are there alll along and the anger just brought them to the surface. I think his son sold the tape because of his fathers dis-approval of the inter-racial relationship. Here we go again... 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards. Sighs!!

honestly I believe he said it out of anger so anyone could have done the same thing. but speaking of the son there no proof of that he dating racial relationship, his son is married to hawaiian woman so is dog brother s too. :)

Well forgive me for asking but why is it that when a white person says the N word it is a racial slur?

But when a black person uses the N word that is perfectly alright?

Im not trying to be racist, but it is something I dont understand and hoping someone can explain it to me.

Is or isnt the N word a bad thing?

Well forgive me for asking but why is it that when a white person says the N word it is a racial slur?

Im not trying to be racist, but it is something I dont understand and hoping someone can explain it to me.

I have heard black have used the "N" words on each other so I have no idea why they do that. I guess the name callings said out of anger I am sure. :)

I know that N... is an insult to black people.. as i grew up. i kept asking my black friend what N s definetion... I never know it means... all my black friends defined to me in different ways... I still dont get it...

Care to explain to me???

Maybe because white people in the past thought
al of us Black people were from Nigeria or Niger.

So I guess that is when they started saying Ni**er

But the correct term for Nigeria and Niger.... Nigerian and Nigerien.

Nigeria and Niger are pronounce as Ni as in Nice, then ger with j sound,
ia for Nigeria.

But Ni**er is pronounce as in Ni as in Neat, ger with grrrr sound.

So I don't know why Ni**er is a bad word... I guess to insult someone or to demean someone... sometimes.

But few Blacks used that, "hey ni**er" to greet each other as a joking way.

Sometimes Blacks used that to hurt each other, because they are better
than the other Blacks.

I watched this show all the time, I was surprised that his son turned against his own father, Dog made a mistake and he apologized, people say things out of anger all the time, I wish they will leave him alone...

I wish I knew Bear, I don't understand this myself, why does it make it okay for black person to say this to another black but a white person? :hmm:

I have heard black have used the "N" words on each other so I have no idea why they do that. I guess the name callings said out of anger I am sure. :)

No not always out of anger, they sometime says " Hey my N " something like that...

His show is one of my all-time favorites, and I know Dog didn't mean to say that just to be racist and he eventually apologized, and I'm proud of him.

I agree with bear if black people say the "n" word to eachothers it's okay for them because they're black? But once a white person says that to another black person it's racist. Oh whatever. Have you ever seen deaf people would call another deaf person deaf and dumb? I haven't.

I do watch Dog the Bounty Hunter show.. loved these shows... and I do think Dog has regretted saying that N word.. but maybe he felt one of his sons Tucker's girlfriend might not be the proper lady or so and somehow that got out of hand... and as for Tucker selling the tape to that newpaper, he is simply a weasel try to cash on his dad's fame and etc.... not a smart move for sure.... I do hope to see Dog back on TV soon or later.. and if that show is not on tv for good, I would understand why....

I wish I knew Bear, I don't understand this myself, why does it make it okay for black person to say this to another black but a white person? :hmm:

I could be wrong if so , maybe its a cultural thing. People of the same race to call each other those kind of words is acceptable. That's the only thing, I can think of at the moment.

I watch dog and his son last night on Larry King and his son regretted it giving the tape just to make money off it and his father dog apologized more than once. So they both clear the air and tying to work it out. So forgive the guy and move on.

Here the interview from Larry King two nights ago.

HONOLULU, Hawaii (AP) -- Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's son taped a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly, then sold it to a tabloid for "a lot of money," Chapman's lawyer said Thursday.

Duane Chapman was worried about his son's girlfriend going public about Chapman's use of the N-word.

"I guess because of whatever level of anger he had of his father, he felt the need to express it in that manner," attorney Brook Hart told The Associated Press.

Tucker Chapman could not be reached for comment; no one answered the telephone at a Honolulu number listed under his name.

The National Enquirer on Wednesday posted on its Web site a clip of a conversation in which Duane Chapman, star of the hit A&E series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," repeatedly used the N-word in reference to Tucker's girlfriend.

Chapman later apologized to his son and the woman, then learned about how the tape got into the tabloid's hands, Hart said. Watch Chapman's rant »

A&E has suspended production of the series, saying the network takes the matter seriously.

"When the inquiry is concluded, we will take appropriate action," A&E spokesman Michael Feeney said in a statement Thursday.

The show, in its fifth season and one of A&E's top-rated programs, has not been canceled.

An after-hours telephone message for David Perel, the Enquirer's editor in chief, was not immediately returned. But earlier in the day, Perel declined to say how the tape was obtained, saying what mattered was what's on the tape.

In the conversation, Chapman urges Tucker to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend trying to tape and go public about the TV star's use of the N-word.

Chapman has said he was "disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term." He also said he was ashamed of himself and pledged to make amends.

Hart said his client is not a racist and vowed never to use the word again.

"I have never seen anything that suggests he judges people by the color of their skin or racial background or anything but on their character," he said. "Duane lost his composure and made very, very inappropriate remarks, for which he truly regrets."

The TV series follows Chapman and his tattooed crew as they track down bail jumpers in Hawaii and other states. The show also stars some members of Chapman's family, but Tucker Chapman is not regularly featured.

The Honolulu-based bounty hunter first grabbed headlines for apprehending serial rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico in 2003.

In his statement, the 54-year-old Chapman said he has "utmost respect and aloha for black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred.

"I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world," he said. "I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused."

Chapman said, "My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation."

Chapman said the clip was completely taken out of context.

"I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character," he said. "However, I should have never used that term."

Chapman said he is meeting with his spiritual adviser, Rev. Tim Storey, who is black, and hopes to meet with other black leaders, "so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again." Watch civil rights leader on how Chapman can make amends »

"I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing," he said. "I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me."

I watch dog and his son last night on Larry King and his son regretted it giving the tape just to make money off it and his father dog apologized more than once. So they both clear the air and tying to work it out. So forgive the guy and move on.

I am kinda upset with the son, what he did was an unthinkable revenge especially when money plays the role in this.

crap i wouldn't believe his son and girfriend is behind all the mess involved Dog OY
poor Dog right now He is working on to let anyone know that he is very sorry for saying the N word i forgive him for the mistakes he make

crap i wouldn't believe his son and girfriend is behind all the mess involved Dog OY
poor Dog right now He is working on to let anyone know that he is very sorry for saying the N word i forgive him for the mistakes he make

Yeah but his son and girlfriend should have to do that publicly with the tape to make things worst to the media. So his son did confess he was wrong to do that.

Back