Trying To Learn Asl

Ary

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been trying to learn ASL, it'll be wonderful to learn and finally be able to talk to people, since my town has a deaf school, there's a lot of people! But sometimes I'm too embarrassed to go up to them, what if I do something wrong? What do you guys think about people who are trying to learn ASL? Do you think more people should start learning it? I'm also trying to convince my best friend to learn with me :)

Most people do things wrong when they first learn, just bite the bullet you will be fine. Does the deaf school in your town teach hearing people? The deaf school in my town use to but now they only teach if a hearing family member wants to learn for a deaf family member. It is always great to bring in a friend, if you don't use it you will lose it.

Most people do things wrong when they first learn, just bite the bullet you will be fine. Does the deaf school in your town teach hearing people? The deaf school in my town use to but now they only teach if a hearing family member wants to learn for a deaf family member. It is always great to bring in a friend, if you don't use it you will lose it.

Thank you, and they don't offer classes, but my college does, I'm waiting for the upcoming semester to sign up for one. I'll try next time I see someone, hopefully they don't thing wrong of me

I think it is wonderful when people are learning ASL. You will make a mistake no matter how good you are at sign language. It is normal. The more you learn...the more confident you will become.

Definitely more people should learn. Just go and be yourself, your gonna make some mistakes but that's okay. :)

Back