Trying again

auralynn23

Reaction score
Hello! I tried to post here last night, but for some reason it didn't go through. I'm not sure if I offended with my first post, I certainly didn't mean to. That's not what I'm here for. I'm a 30 year old mother of 2 beautiful children, all hearing. Born and raised in Massachusetts (Don't hold it against me) I've been studying ASL seriously for about 4 years but I taught both my children signing from the time they were babies. I went to College majoring in Deaf studies about 4 years ago and I wish I could finish my degree, but more than that I've learned that school can't teach you everything you need to know. I recently applied for a job at a Deaf school in my area and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I wish there was a way for me to gain more experience with Deaf people and more experience with the Deaf culture. I've been searching forever for Deaf events and gatherings in my area and there's NOTHING. 1 or 2 out in Boston but, being jobless, I don't really have the financial means to travel back and forth to Boston and would love to talk to and meet people in my area (North central MA) both Deaf and Hearing. I'm sorry my story isn't more exciting, but, that's me :) I'd love to hear from other people in my area

Back