trust issues

apeterson14

Reaction score
I can only imagine how difficult it is to be hearing impaired or blind or otherwise impaired, so I am not being sarcastic when I wonder about why it is hard for some deaf people to trust others.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to be hearing impaired or blind or otherwise impaired, so I am not being sarcastic when I wonder about why it is hard for some deaf people to trust others.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Our son and daughter-in-law are deaf. Our daughter-in-law doesn't trust hearing people. She prefers to keep herself and our son isolated - just them and their two children.
Jeremy's, our son's, teacher said that often times, deaf people have a hard time trusting hearing people. Jeremy never did, so it took me aback when I realized our daughter-in-law had such a hard time. Is her behavior typical or not?

If your son'swife has a hard trusting people I would say this has more to with his up bringing . I know hearing people that have trust issues and it came from their up bringing .

It is our daughter-in-law with trust issues. I was just wondering if this really is typical of HOH or deaf people. She worries that people will target them if they find out they are deaf. Does that happen?

Maybe your DIL was bullies or picked on for being deaf , every person is difference and I feel this is more of a personal issue with your son wife .
Is she a shy person ?

She is very insecure. I hadn't thought about her being picked on as a child. That definitely could be the reason.

If she was picked on that could made her feel insecure , but she can't to too insecure to have dated and marry your son. She has to feel very safe with him .

I will definitely have to find out if she was picked on when she was little.
Our son is deaf and she prefers to only be around him and their children. They socialize very little.

She could also just not like to be around people period . I know people that are hearing and they don't like being around people . As long as she and your son are happy that is what count.

Obviously, because of how difficult it is to be hearing impaired or blind or otherwise impaired.

Does that answer the question?

I really feel it's how the person accepted being deaf or blind some people don't see themselves as being disable . I had clients that were blind or hoh and they had no trouble with trusting me or other people .
I had two sisters for clients one was deaf and the other one blind. They lived together and the blind sister told her sister that a dish was rattling in the china cabinet and it should be moved before it get broken. The deaf sister get up and walk over to the china cabinet and looks inside and said she can't find the dish . The blind sister said "I will do it!" She get up from the table and walked over to the china cabinet open the door and find the dish and moved it. Then she go back to eating her lunch . I was sitting trying not to
LOL ! That blind lady did not think it was difficult not being able to see. She did not use any stick to feel her way around.

What makes you think she hasn't given the chance? Besides, it's not just one chance. Think of it as a life long project.

But remember, the bank of trust is a very tough creditor.

Back