Trump: Obama Must Release Birth Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone sitting in a church for 20 years and not knowing what was preached is not a laughing matter.

It's more just pitiful. But people who are raised simply to chant back the lines or "repeat after me" don't feel any need for reflection or introspection, least of all on Sunday morning.

They never graduated beyond the "I'm here cause mom and dad dragged me here" phase, even as they drag their own children.

Sad. :(

It's more just pitiful. But people who are raised simply to chant back the lines or "repeat after me" don't feel any need for reflection or introspection, least of all on Sunday morning.

They never graduated beyond the "I'm here cause mom and dad dragged me here" phase, even as they drag their own children.

Dude from Westboro obviously didn't get a lot out of the preaching he was subjected to.:cool2: Dude who walked into the foyer of a church and shot a physician at point blank range because he had performed abortions didn't get a lot out of the preaching he was subjected to. Jim Jones spent his whole life in church. Something failed to sink in there. And on and on and on.

Dude from Westboro obviously didn't get a lot out of the preaching he was subjected to.:cool2: Dude who walked into the foyer of a church and shot a physician at point blank range because he had performed abortions didn't get a lot out of the preaching he was subjected to. Jim Jones spent his whole life in church. Something failed to sink in there. And on and on and on.

I agree .. Obama is EXACTLY like those three people :roll:

Would you want any of them to run the country?

That's not necessarily true. Those people may have very well fully absorbed what was preached to them.

Nobody said that churches were only allowed to preach good messages. People just kinda hope that that happens.

That's not necessarily true. Those people may have very well fully absorbed what was preached to them.

Nobody said that churches were only allowed to preach good messages. People just kinda hope that that happens.

You've got a point.:cool2:

We don't chant or repeat anything in our church. I do take notes and look things up.

My parents never took me to church. My dad was a very proud of his atheism. My brother and I went to Sunday School and VBS once in a while, by ourselves. I didn't become a Christian until I was 28 years old.

We don't chant or repeat anything in our church. I do take notes and look things up.

My parents never took me to church. My dad was a very proud of his atheism. My brother and I went to Sunday School and VBS once in a while, by ourselves. I didn't become a Christian until I was 28 years old.

I don't think we were referring to you.

Right, I wasn't saying all religious people are. But many are. You clearly are not, though (in my experience), I would say that you appear to be in the minority of "people who do more than merely pay lip service to their religion".

Many simply use it as a safety blanket against the unknown and a crutch to support their pre-existing biases and prejudices.

I don't consider his health care plan to be liberal. There would have to be a lot of changes in the way it is written to be liberal.

I don't think we were referring to you.
I'm not the only one who attends church and pays attention to the sermons. There are many, many, many people who do. I'm not exceptional.

I'm not the only one who attends church and pays attention to the sermons. There are many, many, many people who do. I'm not exceptional.

And there are also those who don't. Your point?

I don't consider his health care plan to be liberal. There would have to be a lot of changes in the way it is written to be liberal.
The very concept of national health care is liberal.

I think you're being a bit modest, here.

You are exceptional, and that's a good thing.

And what percentage of church members do they represent?

I guess you could say Rev. Wright's messages failed to sink during the Obamas' attendance. Or did it? :hmm:

His reform is about universal coverage, not National Health Care. Two different concepts.
Did you not notice that I didn't use uppercase? I wasn't referring to the name of a plan. It is national, not universal. It's for our nation's people, it's not voluntary, and it's supported by our federal government. That makes it national, not state, not private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back