trasportation in NYC n east area.

Solo Cup

Reaction score
i noticed a lot of people dont need to have a car when they live in NYC because they have strong trasportation community such as bart, subway, buses, taxi, bicycle and much more....i was wondering if someone have a car and its will be much hassle to find a parking, driving in the long traffic, n etcs?? jobs over there dont have to worry if someone else dont have a car just because they have a strong trasportation community?

i never go to east before so...post any comments if you like to say about east's community is like...

Mm, I don't think there's BART existed in NYC (you probably got confused between SF and NYC lol) I'm not much of bus rider, almost never rode in one. I always use subway, I feel more comfortable riding in subway because I'm more aware of its map and station locations. I think it's easier, too.
Sure, parking can be hassle but driving is probably worse! I drove in all boroughs of NYC except Staten Island. I got confused about one way streets, that happened somewhere in B'klyn I almost accidentally drove onto upcoming one way street and a truck was coming right up in front of me! And highways, there are lots of busy roads/highways you need two maybe four good eyes to catch all of signs where you're suppose to go. heh
If I live in Manhattan then I don't need a car... If I live in Queens/B'klyn it'll depends on some areas I might will need a car.
So, I'm really a subway rider! :thumb:

If I lived in in New York City, I'd probably force myself to learn how to use their transportation system. I've depended on walking here at RIT or using a car to get to places.

If I lived in New York City, I wouldn't drive at all. Even in the suburbs. I used to live in Newark, New Jersey, and I used the city subway to train station, then PATH to New York City, then I would then change to subway if I needed to. I think NYC has one of the best subway system in America. It really goes almost everywhere EXCEPT the airport... (sigh) It's a hassle to wait for a bus from the subway to the airport terminals.

I drove in Manhattan most of the time, and it can be crazy. You can't drive slow and think you can look for directions carefully. You're better off being prepared in advance and knowing where you are going. Taxi drivers are the worst offenders on the Manhattan streets so you have to watch out for them. Parking is sometimes hard, but on weekends it is easier to park because no meters and less cars.

Man Hat Tan no, it's Manhatta :)

I went there several times along with my car from Rochester. When I entered, then I always raced like 60 to 80mph on traffic area.. not ON HIGHWAY.. sometimes, when group cars goes 60 to 80 mph on road down there.. and you will see it turns red light.. do you think they would stop? Not a chance, group cars went passed, even cop parked there and ignored because it's not prority. Their prority to stop such criminal cases. Most often, they are insane driving... but interesting they are smart enough what to do.

One of worst I've seen is that one car is on high speed and then slam brakes screeennnnn down to nick off few inches front of old lady were walking across street. She keep walking and didn't scare at driver. That's something in NYC. Are you guys ready for that?

Well I don't go to NYC.. but here in downtown Philly the parking is expensive and its hard to find parking too.. so if we go there we go there by train and bus :)

Back