Translation help!!

Zack2192

Reaction score
i'm in my fourth year of ASL, and I was just wondering if i could get some help translating some interesting facts to ASL.

the first is a comparison sentence. "Americans spend four times as much money on pet food as on baby food."

and the second is just illustrating a fact. "A baby is born with about 350 bones. As you grow older, lots of these little bones grow together to form larger single bones. The average adult has 206 bones in their body."

just a little stumped on how to translate them to ASL....

While I do not know how to translate up above in '' '' in ASL (American Sign Language) I can however still help you
to be able to know how to translate up above in '' ''.

If you can get onto YouTube and watch [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDfnf96qz_4]Sign Language Lessons - The ABC's - Lesson on the ASL Alphabet (American Sign Language) - YouTube[/ame] and other ASL videos by Rob Nielson and fully and practice with the videos.

However you can also spell with ASL letters to words of numbers such as
T then H then I then R then T then Y to spell the word thirty in ASL.

Once you watch the video linked in this post and follow through with it, you will be able to know how to at least letter translate up above in '' ''.

Good luck to you Zack2192

eski-no.jpg

Oh brother ... one of those :roll:

Sure, please finger spell everything, deaf people absolutely just L-O-V-E that.

i'm in my fourth year of ASL, and I was just wondering if i could get some help translating some interesting facts to ASL.

the first is a comparison sentence. "Americans spend four times as much money on pet food as on baby food."

and the second is just illustrating a fact. "A baby is born with about 350 bones. As you grow older, lots of these little bones grow together to form larger single bones. The average adult has 206 bones in their body."

just a little stumped on how to translate them to ASL....
Wait a minute--you're in your fourth year of ASL and you need that kind of help? :hmm:

BTW, it would be more considerate if you first posted an introductory thread before requesting help. (Also, we don't do anyone's homework. )

If you want help getting over a specific bump in the road, that's fine. Please show us what you've done so far with those sentences, then we can help you tweak it.

Back