transition coordinators

rjr2006

Reaction score
Do / did you have a transition coordinator in high school? I started my senior year at high school and my transition coordinator is going to bug me and interrupt my college goals, ugh...... share your experiences.

What exactly is the purpose of a transition coordinator? I've never heard of this title.

the definition of "transition coordinator " is A person who helps the hs students with disabilities prepare for the future when they leave hs. on the other hand, transition coordinators KNOW NOTHING and they use disabled students to make themselves look good, but actually, they are USING DISABLED STUDENTS to earn $! I am getting tired of them saying GO SLOWLY AND ONE STEP AT THE TIME and they push students around . That happened to my deaf friend and now they are using my deafness AND physical disability!

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you happen to know what sort of educational background, training, or experience this person has? Have you contacted their superior to address your concerns?

ITP-- that is usually what they called the meeting with Deaf senior students at my high school.

But we are accustomed to it-- IEP; every Deaf kid knows that abbrevation and ITP is no different from IEP.

My ITP meeting was only once and it was just to clarify that I have to apply for VR, universities, FAFSA, etc which I did on my own time and they decided to let me be. No nagging or anything. (they knew better to not nag me... I was considered as D/HH teachers' nightmare).

rjr2006 said:
the definition of "transition coordinator " is A person who helps the hs students with disabilities prepare for the future when they leave hs. on the other hand, transition coordinators KNOW NOTHING and they use disabled students to make themselves look good, but actually, they are USING DISABLED STUDENTS to earn $! I am getting tired of them saying GO SLOWLY AND ONE STEP AT THE TIME and they push students around . That happened to my deaf friend and now they are using my deafness AND physical disability!
see above

Back