toyota vs. ford truck in crash test

Hubby drove the F150 for many years. He now drives a Toyota Tundra. He always goes by Consumer Reports ratings. We have had very good luck with all our cars. Toyota has great customer service. Their service department is open seven days a week.

Dont get me wrong, i still love toyot i just can afford them anymore. People around here want $5,000 for one that has 200k and rust holes in the frame! Even as a toyota thats nothing but a parts truck.

I personally don't like cars, prefers trucks or SUV. I think I have issues with claustrophobia. Just can't stand the idea if I ever stuck in a car and taking them forever to get me out.

I personally don't like cars, prefers trucks or SUV. I think I have issues with claustrophobia. Just can't stand the idea if I ever stuck in a car and taking them forever to get me out.

But you had Jeep Wrangler and it's awful smaller than some cars. (I drove it before)

But you had Jeep Wrangler and it's awful smaller than some cars. (I drove it before)

it has nothing to do with small space. claustrophobia is a fear of ENCLOSED space (with a feeling of unable to get out like a coffin), not SMALL space.

a car is an ENCLOSED space for him. his wrangler was probably all open space - doors and top off.

it has nothing to do with small space. claustrophobia is a fear of ENCLOSED space (with a feeling of unable to get out like a coffin), not SMALL space.

a car is an ENCLOSED space for him. his wrangler was probably all open space - doors and top off.

I know what claustrophobia mean.
It's awful tight space for me which why I dislike Jeep Wrangle so much. Looks like you don't try it before. Outside looks big but inside nope.

I know what claustrophobia mean.
It's awful tight space for me which why I dislike Jeep Wrangle so much. Looks like you don't try it before. Outside looks big but inside nope.

I don't have claustrophobia. and I've driven Wrangler. I've driven MiniCooper as well. fun vehicles. oh and I've crammed inside small shitty old Cessna plane full of people for skydiving several times.

...and now Ford is moving their factories to China this is going to make Ford 10x worse....

This is one of reason why I trade with F-250. Wrangler is cool, and yes I can take the top off, sure missed that part. If I am alone, it is fun to drive, but if I haul with my family, its just too much. Believe it or not, I have zero regret on trading Wrangler with F-250.

I'm speaking of in the event of accident, I don't want to be stuck inside small car for too long. I rarely hear people stuck inside large car, SUV or truck. But smaller cars yes sometimes.

Another reason why I hate small cars, is that when I get in or out it sometimes hurts my back. I do have bad back and getting in small and lowered cars really hurts my back badly. With my truck, much easier on my back. And since most truck rides not that smooth, mine is much smooth, and softer ride. My truck is Harley edition, not FX4, nor regular edition and I can tell the difference when riding both of them.

...and now Ford is moving their factories to China this is going to make Ford 10x worse....

Depend. If USA give the blueprint to China then no problem. if China made it from their own blueprint then probably junk. I have many tools and computers parts that designed from USA and made in China. I have no problem with them.

Keeps a remember between design and made.

I don't have claustrophobia. and I've driven Wrangler. I've driven MiniCooper as well. fun vehicles. oh and I've crammed inside small shitty old Cessna plane full of people for skydiving several times.

I never said you was claustrophobia. :slap:

Someday, I want go to skydiving.

This is one of reason why I trade with F-250. Wrangler is cool, and yes I can take the top off, sure missed that part. If I am alone, it is fun to drive, but if I haul with my family, its just too much. Believe it or not, I have zero regret on trading Wrangler with F-250.

I'm speaking of in the event of accident, I don't want to be stuck inside small car for too long. I rarely hear people stuck inside large car, SUV or truck. But smaller cars yes sometimes.

Another reason why I hate small cars, is that when I get in or out it sometimes hurts my back. I do have bad back and getting in small and lowered cars really hurts my back badly. With my truck, much easier on my back. And since most truck rides not that smooth, mine is much smooth, and softer ride. My truck is Harley edition, not FX4, nor regular edition and I can tell the difference when riding both of them.

I don't really know so much about Ford. Do F250 is harley edition and it use airbag suspension?

I am not sure about air bag suspension. There were 4 different edition I think during 2006. Standard Edition, lariat, King ranch and Harley. King ranch and Harley edition both are "Top of the line". Friend of mine have Lariat with FX4, and the ride was not as smooth as mine. Not sure why or how. But I believe has to do with suspension. I was told that if I do off road with my truck, there will be potential damages, while FX4 will endure the beating from going off road.

If you know something about it and wanted check out, I can check but where? LOL.

I don't really know so much about Ford. Do F250 is harley edition and it use airbag suspension?

I had a Ford escape and the auto mechanic I was using told me all he needed was four customers that drove a Ford escape and he would have plenty of work to do. I never brought another Ford after hearing that.

I heard negatives about Ford Escape, I ended up lost interest in planning buying Escape. Truck and SUV is just different types of vehicle, and both have their own purpose. I realize that it would be smarter if I buy small car for my wife and myself as occasional driver, cause I have one that is big, and it does not make sense having middle size with 4x4 and having small instead makes more sense.

I have not decide which next car we are going to replace our Cherokee. The one that don't kill my back.

Back