Toyota Tacoma TPMS

You seems don't understand, when sending vehicle for inspection, the inspector do NOT need to look at dashboard for MIL or anything what inspector did was plug in ODB, and that computer will send any fault code to DMV automatically. There is NO way around it, DMV is not that dumb or naive like you. ITs getting harder and harder to fool anyone, especially after 2007 model year.

I have seen driver forced to get his car towed only to find out it needs air, due to TPMS error code to car computer, thus automatically disabled his car! He was like WTF?

oh I do understand quite perfectly. I know how inspection works.

dashboard? LOL captain obvious again?

Your next, trust me!

not really. in NJ, most people go to DMV facility... and it's free.... something that you don't have which is a foreign concept to me. and we don't have motorcycle inspection.... something that you don't have... which is also another foreign concept to me :lol:

Back to the question, Should I demand that Discount Tire cover the cost or accept their half price offer?

Back to the question, Should I demand that Discount Tire cover the cost or accept their half price offer?

If it were me ... since those are over 8 years old already and have a lifespan of 10 to 14 years I'd take the half price offer but would want OEM Toyota replacements not some cheap knock off that way you'd be good with them for another 10 to 14 years.

If it were me ... since those are over 8 years old already and have a lifespan of 10 to 14 years I'd take the half price offer but would want OEM Toyota replacements not some cheap knock off that way you'd be good with them for another 10 to 14 years.

Good point! I'll try that. Thanks, ncff07!

ask for manager and go from there. explain what happened and then see what he says.

This is precisely why I HATE new cars! Too much technology, increases chances of too many shYt going wrong.... repairs pretty much mandatory regardless how small it is. Older cars, if you got low air on tires, sure drive to gas station and inflate em, newer car, it just simply quit working in middle of road... sucks!

Because you are too idiot with new technology. In fact, TPMS save your life from accident. Happen to us when I checked all tires and they looks good. Next day, We took long trip like 400 miles on highway. Around 100 miles later, I noticed TPMS light on then took to exit ramp. I found nail in the tire. Fixed it then inflated up then then double check TPMS and it's OK then back to highway.

If you don't have TPMS then no way to know tire got flat or not DURING drive on the highway which high risk for tire blew up and crash.

Get a fact, Vehicles with TPMS light on or flash and vehicles still running fine on the road.

My '06 Toyota Tacoma TPMS failed immediately following a tire replacement at Discount Tire. Discount Tire is willing to reduce the price in half per sensor to replace all 5 sensors claiming that it's just a coincidence due to sensor age(the
type sensors the carry can't reprogram replacing just one). I contacted my local Toyota dealership and inquired about the sensors lifespan and was told that 10-14yrs is normal. However, in his opinion it sounded like Discount Tire is at fault though it "could" be a coincidence.

Do you think I should be demanding Discount Tire to cover the full cost or honor the half price as it could still be coincidence?

Edit: Discount Tire claims the sensors go bad after 4 years sometimes.

Discount Tire is bullshit. I seen too many unskilled tire technicians broke the TPMS sensor by accident when try to dismount or remount the tires. I admit I broke TPMS sensor ONCE then I learned my lesson and do careful and no problem so far.

apparently they were not careful of the module inside the rim. some cars its strapped to middle of rim. some cars is part of tire stem. tire pressure monitoring system only tells you if the tire is soft or flat due to pressure change. some cars are not interchangeable within same brands so you need to know the radio frequency the care uses.

On the other hand - I wonder if they or did you reset the tpms yet? Do you know how?
1. Park the vehicle on level ground. Engage the parking brake. Turn off the engine.

2. Check the pressure in all four tires to make sure they are inflated to the proper pressure. The proper tire pressure can be found in the vehicle's owner's manual and also on a sticker located on the driver's side door frame.

3. Start the vehicle.

4.Locate the TPMS reset button to the left of the steering column. The button is marked with the TPMS icon and the word "Set."

5.Press the reset button and hold it until the TPMS warning light on the instrument panel blinks three times.

6.Wait approximately five minutes after pressing the reset button. Turn off the vehicle and observe the warning light. If it comes back on and blinks when you turn off the engine, there is a problem with the system and it needs to be serviced.

TPMS light stay light on mean low PSI then no reset needs for mostly newer GM vehicles and some of vehicles may needs to reset. . TPMS flash mean no signal (bad TPMS sensor or missing or needs to reset)

Even some newer cars will force you to change oil, otherwise one can't start until the oil has been changed... It is all computer controlled.

You must confused with NO oil or low pressure oil then engine would auto shut down. I never heard of disabled vehicles because of no service. Where you get that info from?

Me idiot? Let me tell you, buddy... I once lost front tire as soon as I was ready to park on a spot from toll thruway. Nothing to do with how much air in it... It has to do with damn stupid loose nut.

I don't believe in "This can save your lives" crap cause if that is so true, I would have already be DEAD long time ago. I have seen one that takes a lot care of themselves and get killed anyway, while those who don't give a SHYT about, lives tip 80, 90 yrs old, like heavy smoker that lives til 90. Sometimes something that claim to save your lives CAN kill ya, don't you know that as well?

BTW, I am life long DIE HARD BIKER, MOFO! I have been into 5 friggin motorcycle accidents and here I am still kicking my wife's ass. "This can save your lives" is just BS after all.

Because you are too idiot with new technology. In fact, TPMS save your life from accident. Happen to us when I checked all tires and they looks good. Next day, We took long trip like 400 miles on highway. Around 100 miles later, I noticed TPMS light on then took to exit ramp. I found nail in the tire. Fixed it then inflated up then then double check TPMS and it's OK then back to highway.

If you don't have TPMS then no way to know tire got flat or not DURING drive on the highway which high risk for tire blew up and crash.

Get a fact, Vehicles with TPMS light on or flash and vehicles still running fine on the road.

Air bags were claim that can save your lives... which in generally is true BUT it has killed some already.

You must confused with NO oil or low pressure oil then engine would auto shut down. I never heard of disabled vehicles because of no service. Where you get that info from?

I had exactly same thought. smells like bullshit. how exactly would a person go to mechanic if TPMS disabled a car all cuz of faulty sensor or low tire pressure? makes absolutely no sense.

Air bags were claim that can save your lives... which in generally is true BUT it has killed some already.

I bet it saved much more lives than it killed....

lemme guess... you're gonna say baby car seat claim that it's safe for your baby but it has killed some already...

you fail to make a point at all... I think "shoot yourself in your own foot" fits the bill quite perfectly.

Me idiot? Let me tell you, buddy... I once lost front tire as soon as I was ready to park on a spot from toll thruway. Nothing to do with how much air in it... It has to do with damn stupid loose nut.

I don't believe in "This can save your lives" crap cause if that is so true, I would have already be DEAD long time ago. I have seen one that takes a lot care of themselves and get killed anyway, while those who don't give a SHYT about, lives tip 80, 90 yrs old, like heavy smoker that lives til 90. Sometimes something that claim to save your lives CAN kill ya, don't you know that as well?

BTW, I am life long DIE HARD BIKER, MOFO! I have been into 5 friggin motorcycle accidents and here I am still kicking my wife's ass. "This can save your lives" is just BS after all.

so......... what does that have to do with TPMS? :confused:

Discount Tire is bullshit. I seen too many unskilled tire technicians broke the TPMS sensor by accident when try to dismount or remount the tires.
I bought new tires at Pep Boys. I'm glad they didn't break my TPMS.

I admit I broke TPMS sensor ONCE then I learned my lesson and do careful and no problem so far.
did you replace the sensor for free?

Guess you don't get "Just saying".

I don't think you know what you're saying... all I see is rambling and contradictions. it said "this CAN save lives".... not "this WILL save lives". big difference. we can't do anything about people's stupidity or human error. an airbag can kill you if you don't wear a seatbelt and an airbag can save your life if you wear a seatbelt but even with airbag and seatbelt and you're driving at high speed... god help you.

loose nut... sounds like a human error. I fail to see how does a loose nut relate to "this can save your life".

oh well *shrug* moving on.

Back