Too Thick?

Hask12

Reaction score
I have a profound hearing loss and am considering the possibility of a cochlear implant. My problem over the years have been hearing aids that are too thick or too wide to place behind my ear. The space between my ear and head is a bit narrow so if the hearing aid is too fat it causes eventual pain. I tried the Nadia V aid and it was too thick I currently wear the azure sillouette BTE power aid which seems okay. The device that fits behind the ear for an implant looks very big and wide which means I would be unable to wear it. I have been told that the body processor would be an option. But don't you lose directionality with the body processor and isn't the body processor vulnerable to bumps and bangs. Also the wires being threaded through my shirt to the implant seems like it would also be vulnerable to a lot of pulling and tugging on the implant.

You can do like one user here does with his daughter's bilateral CI's and put them on the back of your clothes. She doesn't wear the bte's on her ears but still has them in lil "pockets" on the back of her clothes. Not sure how old you are and if that's really an option but you can look into it. You can prolly google her blog her name is Lotte Soffe and there are pic somewhere on her blog to show how she wears her CI's

Advanced Bionocs has a body worn processor that has nothing at all on the ears. The magnet is on your head and the wires are long enough that you wear the processor at your waist. Normally that is the way young children wear their CI's, since their ears are so small.
bwp_tank.jpg

Back