Tomorrow is the day!

oticongirl20

Reaction score
ahhh im sooooo sooo nervos tomorrow morning is my pre op for my ear surgery sep 24th.! kinda strange for doing a pre op one week before surgery when i have a whole week of the potenal of getting sick . oh well just super super nervos not sure if i really wanna go threw with the surgery but i think its for the best to atleast give it a shot!!!

Good luck!!! It is OK to be nervous shows you are being cautious.

ahhh im sooooo sooo nervos tomorrow morning is my pre op for my ear surgery sep 24th.! kinda strange for doing a pre op one week before surgery when i have a whole week of the potenal of getting sick . oh well just super super nervos not sure if i really wanna go threw with the surgery but i think its for the best to atleast give it a shot!!!

Look at it is a pretty safe surgery, and you could benefit. And if you don't, you won't really be any worse off.

You got nothing to be nervous about, well, except for the fact you could get an infection and die, but nothing to worry about no sir! :lol:

Just messing with you, it's a pretty safe operation, the mortality rate is 0%. Hope you'll be able to hear much better!

The pre-op is more about getting the latest pictures and getting paperwork filled out then anything else. I had a CT done during my preop , which was also done about a week before the actual install.

Congrats on deciding to get it done. Curious as to which you are going with , AB or med-el ? I am currently waiting to have my second CA unit installed , but have been on hold due to the recall.

That 0% number mentioned previously is hyperbole. Not saying that there is any huge risk of death , just that it is an actual surgery with full anesthesia with all the risks associated with that. It is prudent to have things in order.

The largest risk is having the facial nerve nicked or cut. However this has been getting rarer and rarer now that the usage of facial nerve monitors are increasing. You may want to ask your surgeon if they will be using one.

There has also been studies that indicate higher risk of meningitis , so your surgeon may recommend that you get vaccinated for that.

she's not getting a CI yet. It's exploratory surgery to see what's going on with her ears (the ear bones and such).

The above shows there so many different conditions to consider when Cochlear Implantation are studied for a specific person.

Back