Toddlers & Tiaras

yagazn

Reaction score
What do you think of the show "Toddlers and Tiaras".

When I saw that TV show, In my opinion It was so wrong to put so much make up on toddler's soft face. (Putting so much makeup on can be so f**ken up on baby soft skin) Look like some of the toddler doesn't look happy even cried too. I think that's wrong because It pressured so much on toddlers (that's not normal). :shock: (head shake)
I don't have a kids myself, I wouldn't want to put my nieces or future adopt daughter for the "Tiaras" show Nuh-Uh :nono: let them have a normal childhood.

TV show:
Toddlers & Tiaras : TLC

Remember what happened to Jonbenet Ramsey.
Click info:
JonBenét Ramsey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is creepy. And it is the mother who always wants this. The kids are just like their dolls to dress up an required to perform.

I have always been against sexualizing young children. Babies and Children are suppose to look like children, and not grown women.

I am totally against it! I mean 1,000,000,000% against! I refused to watch it...I saw some of the commercials...poor kids....suffer, no childhood life etc....parent all want is the money.

I rather wait till she turns 18 and make HER OWN decision not the parents.

It is creepy. And it is the mother who always wants this. The kids are just like their dolls to dress up an required to perform.

I have always been against sexualizing young children. Babies and Children are suppose to look like children, and not grown women.

I am totally against it! I mean 1,000,000,000% against! I refused to watch it...I saw some of the commercials...poor kids....suffer, no childhood life etc....parent all want is the money.

I rather wait till she turns 18 and make HER OWN decision not the parents.
I agree with all three of you ladies :D

I would never do that to my daughter.... infact, I wouldn't allow my daughter (That is if I ever have one) wear makeup until she's fourteen or so.

I just won't allow it. Children deserve to be children, Teens deserve to be teens, Adults have the rest of their lives to be whatever they want, but they will never grow younger.

Its too much at such a young age. This has got to stop. It only makes the parent feel good about themselves, and does nothing for the child.

I've seen a similar show years ago. It's sad how the parents are obsessed with their toddlers participating in these beauty pageants. I remember one mother bought a $5,000 dress for her toddler for one pageant. There was another mother who was very bossy and ordered her daughter around too much. One little girl wanted to play with another girl, but her mother told her to shut up and stand still so that the mother could try on her expensive dress. :roll:

I've seen a similar show years ago. It's sad how the parents are obsessed with their toddlers participating in these beauty pageants. I remember one mother bought a $5,000 dress for her toddler for one pageant. There was another mother who was very bossy and ordered her daughter around too much. One little girl wanted to play with another girl, but her mother told her to shut up and stand still so that the mother could try on her expensive dress. :roll:

i agrees!!

People need to focus on the natural beauty of their children. There are loads of pageants that do not allow the hair, make up, and pageant dresses to be used. I say they need to promote those shows!

I agree with all of posters here.

Do you remember that Boris Becker sued his Russian ex-lover for put their daughter Anna burden like that? After that, no more... Thank God!!!

I agree with all of posters here.

Do you remember that Boris Becker sued his Russian ex-lover for put their daughter Anna burden like that? After that, no more... Thank God!!!

Boris Becker were not lovers with Angela Ermakova, they only had sex once in a broom closet and their daughter Anna resulted from that.
source

Did you read about Anna in the pageant in the Bild?

Sorry about the OT bit, I don't know why some parents have to self-project their issues on their tiny daughters and feel the need to sexualise them just to feel good. It's baffling.

Huge beehives, Dolly Parton makeup and pinafore dresses.. there is a tiny girl there that just wants to play but she has to impress Mommy and the judges under the bright lights. Of course, she's frightened and she's told not to cry and smile.

So sad.

Huge beehives, Dolly Parton makeup and pinafore dresses.. there is a tiny girl there that just wants to play but she has to impress Mommy and the judges under the bright lights. Of course, she's frightened and she's told not to cry and smile.

So sad.

yeah so sad to think how small girls to try so hard to make big people happy. that is no way.

Back