To Pregger experts...

Chrysanthe

Reaction score
I am about over 2 months pregnant, I am not sure how I can use for using medicine while you are sick with a cold, flu, and sore throat.

I was so sick for 3 weeks. My sister tells me I can't take any medicine at all. I believed her. Until I have developed with a bronchitis. I am curious how do you take care of yourself while you were pregnant with your child?

I am about over 2 months pregnant, I am not sure how I can use for using medicine while you are sick with a cold, flu, and sore throat.

I was so sick for 3 weeks. My sister tells me I can't take any medicine at all. I believed her. Until I have developed with a bronchitis. I am curious how do you take care of yourself while you were pregnant with your child?

Hi there!

First of all I believe, a big congratulations are in order for you! Congratulations!!! That must've been so exciting finding out that you are pregnant.

It is no fun being sick when you're pregnant at the same time. However, When I was pregnant and got the colds/coughs - I had to use the humidfider and the vapor rubs to soothe it out. The home remedies are also helpful.

The cough/cold syrups that you get from the over-the-counter should be okay as long as it is approved by your doctor. Each and every person varies when they are pregnant, so I would advise you to get it checked out with your ob/gyn doctor as a precaution.

I do hope you're getting better soon and on the road to get all well. :)

Hi there!

First of all I believe, a big congratulations are in order for you! Congratulations!!! That must've been so exciting finding out that you are pregnant.

It is no fun being sick when you're pregnant at the same time. However, When I was pregnant and got the colds/coughs - I had to use the humidfider and the vapor rubs to soothe it out. The home remedies are also helpful.

The cough/cold syrups that you get from the over-the-counter should be okay as long as it is approved by your doctor. Each and every person varies when they are pregnant, so I would advise you to get it checked out with your ob/gyn doctor as a precaution.

I do hope you're getting better soon and on the road to get all well. :)

Yeah I did used humidifier and vapor rubs. They didnt work. But I went to the dr. And gave me the amoxilcillin and codiene that doesnt harm the baby. I am finally getting better unforunately I am getting another sore throat. Do you know if Airborne is good for the pregger? Cuz Im gonna work for the Olympics. I am afraid I ll get sick from these people who are coming to Utah. Ack.

For cold- Use Tylenol No other brand of cold medicines.. USE only TYLENOL... Tylenol is safe for pregnancy...

well, its depends, u better go to see dr, sometime they give u antibotic which i had it when i had ear infection while i was preggy. So, sometime Tylenol is only for the pain, but not sure about cold. so, i think its safe side for you go to see dr, which i took a special cold / congestion medicine while i was preggy for one time.

Nods yep go to see the Doctor, wouldn't want to spread it down to the baby's. Usually the baby is copying from mother's even face, charactiscter, everything. All the best for your child is on the way.

I suggest you to try this goji juice. It will help make your immune system as stronger and will help cure your flu, sore throat, broncitius without any medicines from doctor. I had tried that when I have broncitus or flu and I got better in less than few days! Also it would help lots with your pregnancy so you would not get morning sick.

Here the website:

Benefits Of Himalayan Berry Goji Juice - Distributors - Marketing Network

Congrats on your pregnancy. I never got sick with any flus or colds during both of my pregnancies so I wouldnt have good advice to give u. Best to see your dr cuz I wouldnt want to be responsible for suggesting anything and then something goes wrong.

Talk with your doctor. They're the best people to talk to. :thumb:

it is better to go and see the dr as they can tell you what is safe to take and what not to take.

Congrats and hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.. do take it easy and enjoy! :)

I don't know anything. But you should consult with your doctor and ask him for a list of safe medication for pregnant mothers so you can be assured.

Anyway, just wanted to convey my congratulations to you and your hubby.

Back