To Live or Not To Live?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
What if you developed an ability to know when a person was going to die and had a chance to save their life...

Would you let that person die or would you take that chance to save that person's life? Why?

What if saving that person's life would result in that person killing more people, would you still save that person's life? Why?

Well that's hard to answer because if I just go and tell them that that person would kill them then they will treat me like I am on the crack.

I would save their life, because there is no way to know for certian what the future holds as far as what they will choose to do. No one can predict, with 100% certainty, what the future holds for any of us.

Well that's hard to answer because if I just go and tell them that that person would kill them then they will treat me like I am on the crack.
I'm not talking about that.

Here's an example... you see this guy walking along the sidewalk and you realize that he will die soon after getting hit by a car. You follow him and see him cross the street. Suddenly, a car comes around the corner and is about to hit him. You quickly run and grab him as you jump. Both of you are safe as the car misses. You've saved his life.

Related to the first question, should you have left him alone because he was meant to die... by fate? Or... was it a good thing that you saved his life?

Now, the second question... he will kill other people regardless of what you do. That's the way it is. There's nothing you can do. You don't know when or who he will kill, just that he will do it within hours, days, or weeks.

Now, this man... if you save his life, he will kill 5 people with his car without remorse. You know he will kill 5 people and you can't stop it. So, would you save his life knowing more will die from it... or would you let him die?

I would save their life, because there is no way to know for certian what the future holds as far as what they will choose to do. No one can predict, with 100% certainty, what the future holds for any of us.
What if the ones you save will kill more, no matter what? Think of it as a "curse" for those who are saved. They beat death, and suffer the consequences by killing others.

Well, the question is : How would I know if he will kill some more if, saving his life ? How would I know about his " destiny " ?

Only maybe a surviellance camera can read his behavior and the Big Brother will get him in order to prevent him from killing others if one saves his life....

Sooo... :dunno2:

I will respond about this one later. This is a good thread, Vampy. :)

What if you developed an ability to know when a person was going to die and had a chance to save their life...

Would you let that person die or would you take that chance to save that person's life? Why?

What if saving that person's life would result in that person killing more people, would you still save that person's life? Why?
How would you know that saving one person would result in killing more people?

I would try to save that person's life, and let God work out the details.

Besides, you don't need to develop an ability in order to save someone's life. People see other people in danger of imminent death every day, and they make that decision.

Hmm, I think I see a concept that this has came from a movie... White Noise 2 (interesting movie, I'd say)

If I was given the ability to foresee a person dying, but will end up killing other person if I saved that person, I'll just let it be and let God take care of the details. That answers both of your questions at once. :)

IF that person was not going to kill other people because they were supposed to die (according to the movie) THEN, I would do my best to save people within reasons with God's help....

What about you Vampy?

Supposedly this person must die that day yet someone saved this person's life then it must have ripped universe. It changed afterward for instnace make things worse. :dunno2:

Would I kill this person if I knew this person is going to kill 5 people that day? No, maybe I would try to save those people who was supposed to be die in the hand of killer. :dunno2:

I have seen this somewhere in the movie before about this.

Here's an example... you see this guy walking along the sidewalk and you realize that he will die soon after getting hit by a car. You follow him and see him cross the street. Suddenly, a car comes around the corner and is about to hit him. You quickly run and grab him as you jump. Both of you are safe as the car misses. You've saved his life.

Ohh got it :)

Related to the first question, should you have left him alone because he was meant to die... by fate? Or... was it a good thing that you saved his life?

It would be good thing if I save his life.

Now, the second question... he will kill other people regardless of what you do. That's the way it is. There's nothing you can do. You don't know when or who he will kill, just that he will do it within hours, days, or weeks.

Now, this man... if you save his life, he will kill 5 people with his car without remorse. You know he will kill 5 people and you can't stop it. So, would you save his life knowing more will die from it... or would you let him die?

So you mean if I know that person who I save will kill other people?

I would save this person's life and frame him so he will go to jail before he kills any more people.

:)

Are you a philosophy major/graduate?

It could be fate that it would be YOU that would save this person's life.

How will I know that he will kill 5 people? If I know that he is planning to kill 5 people, I would've let the proper authorities know, regardless if I saved his life...

My answers are in MAGNETA.

I would save this person's life and frame him so he will go to jail before he kills any more people.

Shel, then we would have to pay for him to be housed in jail. :dunno2:

I would not interfere if it was me. The reason is because we just can't know what is and what is not supposed to happen. What if the guy on the sidewalk was supposed to die? What if I was put there to save him at that exact moment? What if it was a test from God to see what I would do?

Too many questions to ponder. My response is do nothing. Then it is not on my hands what happens. If he dies oh well. If he lives by chance and kills other people, oh well. Sounds mean but I have a strong belief in fate or whatever else you call it.

That's a double whammy.

If I were to develop an ability to know that the person was going to die before it happened, I would save his/her life but however, I have a mixed feeling when it comes to a person who will become a killing machine. If I knew the person was into killing other people, I'd leave it as it is but the question is, we do not know if saving that person's life will result into him/her killing other people.

In a normal situation - A random stranger would save someone else in an immediate circumstance. We all don't have the ability to know what will happen beforehand. Now, when we save someone in this kind of circumstance (IE; getting that person out of harm's way), we don't have any idea of who that person is and what becomes of that person. We don't know if that person is an axe murderer or a saint. It's a human nature to react quickly when saving someone's life. When everything happens less than a minute, this kind of thought (of a person who will kill others) doesn't even cross our minds at all. It's not like we knew we were saving a murderer or not.

Hmm, I think I see a concept that this has came from a movie... White Noise 2 (interesting movie, I'd say)

If I was given the ability to foresee a person dying, but will end up killing other person if I saved that person, I'll just let it be and let God take care of the details. That answers both of your questions at once. :)

IF that person was not going to kill other people because they were supposed to die (according to the movie) THEN, I would do my best to save people within reasons with God's help....

What about you Vampy?
Yep, you got it right... I saw that movie recently.

In the movie, no matter who you save... that person WILL kill a bunch of people in 3 days.

So, knowing that... would you still save that person's life?

That's a complicated question.

If I save this guy knowing that he has a plan to murder other people, I wouldn't save him, It could be his fate to die by God's will. Why would I want to interfere if it's God's plan? I could save a life of many others than one person, so I choose to save the life of many others, not him. ;)

My answers are in the bold, Vampy :) What about YOU??!! :)
What did you think about the movie "White Noise 2?"

Which means, I will not save that person

But...

What about you Vampy?

Yep, you got it right... I saw that movie recently.

In the movie, no matter who you save... that person WILL kill a bunch of people in 3 days.

So, knowing that... would you still save that person's life?

Back