to ds owners i got a question

Silentwolfdog

Reaction score
Should I use screen protector? I have difficulty applying it to the touch screen and I think I may have done more harm than good.

But I wonder if it's beneficial in a long run? Because Nintendo manual say you shouldn't use it.

So I am just curious. I don't want screen to be messed up but from the way it looks, it's like it's supposed to be, after all it's a touch screen.

I await your opinions on this matters.

Thanks.

I have the DS for probably 2 years now and never get any screen protector.. I have been always carefully press the touch screen with the pen, not pressing too hard or it will make the scratches on the touch screen.

I wouldn't get the screen protector if I won't damage the touch screen, JMO...

What types of game have you played?

I have heard that certain games requires high usage of the touch screen such as Zelda Phantom Hourglass or Metroid. Would that have different results than games that don't require much use of touch screen?

What types of game have you played?

Mostly RPGs, such like Magical Starsign, Children of Mana, just btw I am a Brownie-Brown lover ;) Anyway, I don't think those games require high usage of touch screen, though..

I have heard that certain games requires high usage of the touch screen such as Zelda Phantom Hourglass or Metroid. Would that have different results than games that don't require much use of touch screen?

That makes it sense, more likely yupp.. If you prefer those kind of games that require high usage of touch screen, then I think the screen protector would be good for your DS, otherwise try get more games that can use the buttons instead of touch screen.

I am RPG lover as well. But I also liked RPG/adventure/action and that's where Zelda and Metroid come in.

I guess I will leave screen protector on for now. But I do truly despite them, it just make screen look bad and dirty but I guess that's better than have touch screen totally beat up.

I am RPG lover as well. But I also liked RPG/adventure/action and that's where Zelda and Metroid come in.

I guess I will leave screen protector on for now. But I do truly despite them, it just make screen look bad and dirty but I guess that's better than have touch screen totally beat up.

Yupp seems a good idea :)

It depends on what you use on the screen.

As long as you use the official Nintendo stylus, you should be fine.

If you're thinking about those display versions of the DS at those local video game stores, don't worry about it... unless you are actually like those ignorant users at the stores.

At the stores, people abuse the DS. They do the following...

1.) They think the top screen is like the bottom screen, so they try using the stylus on the top screen... damaging it.

2.) Instead of tapping the screen, they poke it hard... damaging the screen.

3.) If the stylus is missing, they use other things such as pens... toothpicks... fingernails... or any other pointed object. Since these objects are not designed for use on a touch screen, they damage the screen.

4.) People have dirty hands when playing. Dirty hands equals dirty screens and controls.

That's why I always wash my hands before I use my mobile device, Gameboy Advance, computer, television remote, etc. Some people will play the Wii while eating pizza and buffalo wings. Even when they wipe off their hands first, the grease and oil is clear, but can have a long-term effect on the buttons. With a screen, it makes the screen less sensitive to the tapping of the stylus. :(

Like you, I like adventure games and also brain games. Right now I am playing "My Word Couch" which involves heavy use of touch screen. I don't know Zelda and Metroid but if it involves violence and arcade type stuff, then I am not interested in those games.

I don't use the screen protector and it seems okay except for one very tiny white dot.

there is little disadvantage to play with screen protect on the touch-screen where you touch it would give a minor misled to play.

I see. Yeah I think that's what happened with mine. It cause the process to be little inaccurate. So basically I will be fine without a screen protector if I don't hit the screen too hard using nintendo stylus?

My husband installed my screen protector and it does dim the graphics a bit, but I have never had any problems with accuracy. Make sure you're installing it correctly if you use one.

You can use any stylus issued by Nintendo. You can find them in packages with golden seal of Nintendo on package. I have two pen-sized styluses in black and white from Nintendo. They're pretty comfort to use on DS.
Most of video game stores carrying good numbers of screen protectors. But there's no official screen protector issued by Nintendo.
Not only GBA SP, NDS and DS Lite designed to folding down to fit in pockets but protect screens from damage too. I often carry DS Lite in DS pouch to protect better and keep it from lost or stole.

Nintendo never issued any screen protector after all they said not to use it.

I am getting two different messages, do I use screen protector or not?

Nintendo never issued any screen protector after all they said not to use it.

I am getting two different messages, do I use screen protector or not?

Maybe you can buy DS without a screen protector, then you can see what will happen if you don't have screen protector. If not damage to the screen, then fk screen protector.

Maybe you can buy DS without a screen protector, then you can see what will happen if you don't have screen protector. If not damage to the screen, then fk screen protector.

Well it's a nice idea but I don't have money for it right now.

Maybe someday I will buy another one that is solely used for GBA and RPG and while keep older one for games that use touch screen a lot.

I use touch screen so much on my DS, it was Pokemon and it don't notice any damage on it.

You have warranty under Nintendo for about 1 year or so then you can call them for replacement if you make any damage to touch screen.

I use touch screen so much on my DS, it was Pokemon and it don't notice any damage on it.

You have warranty under Nintendo for about 1 year or so then you can call them for replacement if you make any damage to touch screen.

No you can't. If you read the manual, as I recall it states that any physical damage is not covered and if you damage the screen, it's just your fault and you will most likely have to pay for a new screen.

Back