To Cochlear Implant or to re-Hearing Aid; know thyself what you want, my Deaf ears?

:roll: Why am I not surprised you have reading comprehension issues as part of your portfolio of problems. This is why you are being ignored in other threads by others. There is no dialogue to be had, just a complete waste of time.

But that sounds just like you .... I mean, really? Wow.

But that sounds just like you .... I mean, really? Wow.

Really? Unlike, Hoichi, I am able to see and understand the various points of view. Hoichi doesn't even try, just assumes that he/she has it all figured out.

I shouldn't have to point out the obvious, but given the propensity to take everything literally here, I probably should just to be proactive:

I do not not really believe that the Deaf are "uneducated idiots on SSI draining the system." I don't even know any Deaf that fit that description, but I am aware of the stereotype. I used it as an example of the closed-minded judgement that Hoichi is employing against CI users. The whole point was to demonstrate using prejudice to hold on to whatever notions even when there has been an attempt to educate on the topic.

Really? Unlike, Hoichi, I am able to see and understand the various points of view. Hoichi doesn't even try, just assumes that he/she has it all figured out.

oh? (drags cigarette. blows smoke into bleedingpurists face.....

I do not not really believe that the Deaf are "uneducated idiots on SSI draining the system."

OIC

I used it as an example of the closed-minded judgment that Hoichi is employing against CI users. The whole point was to demonstrate using prejudice to hold on to whatever notions even when there has been an attempt to educate on the topic.

What are you blabbering about? don't cook up some example to point to my alleged close mindedness toward Ci users. cite an example of my close minded judgment against Ci users?

in other words...back up your bullshit....you claim i'm something...pls by all means.....
you have the floor
(begins to make paper airplanes....drags deep breath....exhales.....continuing to make paper airplanes)

Oh, otay. *goofy grin* Mind you, I'm not attempting to be argumentive. But you are extremely condescending. To the point that I skim over most of your posts. You don't even try, either, to understand other's points of view. I guess you have it all figured out. *goofy grin*

oh? (drags cigarette. blows smoke into bleedingpurists face.....

OIC

What are you blabbering about? don't cook up some example to point to my alleged close mindedness toward Ci users. cite an example of my close minded judgment against Ci users?

in other words...back up your bullshit....you claim i'm something...pls by all means.....
you have the floor
(begins to make paper airplanes....drags deep breath....exhales.....continuing to make paper airplanes)

Just keep smoking. Deep long drags.

typical depth and breath of your arguments.
ill keep dragging my cigarettes don't worry. but heres a hint for the future.
if you don't want to discuss things with me do not quote me or accuse me of doing, being or arguing something i did not.
if you can act like an adult the above should be easy.
now run along and go play with the children. we are trying to have a serious discussion
maybe change your diaper your strting to stink.

typical depth and breath of your arguments.
ill keep dragging my cigarettes don't worry. but heres a hint for the future.
if you don't want to discuss things with me do not quote me or accuse me of doing, being or arguing something i did not.
if you can act like an adult the above should be easy.
now run along and go play with the children. we are trying to have a serious discussion
maybe change your diaper your strting to stink.
The forum is odd and likely normal. People make assumptions (we're human, so I'll include me in that bucket) but most people don't egg other people on in what appears to be a nasty way a lot of the time it's in fun and jest. Some of the egging is trolling and I'm not the one who mentioned it first - I was just warned of it privately. Hochi man doesn't fall for it.

I said in the GLBT forum to give peace a chance and I'll add Hochi man's feeling that should all be adult here. We each have our own voice but can't we use it in a non-trolling and nice way? We're all unique with some commonalities (hence AD) but when we get stuck in these petty things, we don't have an open exchange of ideas or a chance to learn a darn thing.

Pettiness will drive people away. Want to stop AD, keep trolling and rolling and keep attacking. I had a difference of opinion with some folks but other than a couple, we worked through it. Reread what Hochi said.

(Hochi man has a unique way of expressing himself. I happen to enjoy it. He makes sense. I like seeing more than meets the eye. He's not afraid to be who he is.

. . . The slightest upward turn of his right lip shows briefly but only to himself. He makes a deep sigh of acknowledgement, takes a long delicious drag and sip of Johnny Walker Red and goes about his business.)

Oh, otay. *goofy grin* Mind you, I'm not attempting to be argumentive. But you are extremely condescending. To the point that I skim over most of your posts. You don't even try, either, to understand other's points of view. I guess you have it all figured out. *goofy grin*
I agree with what little I see of BP's responses now since he is on my ignore list. Snapshots show up in other responses that quote BP.

We're all different here. Hochi man makes me laugh. He makes me aware. He has his own way of expressing himself and he is, indeed, unique here. He is great at retorts in a meaningful, cute, visual, intelligent and mindful in his way. He is a writer and my light break reading through the forums. But, I obviously take his responses seriously.

I'd like to see the caustic responses evaporate. It stops dialog and learning (and exchange of ideas). Who wants to deal with caustic. The unfortunate fallout is, I believe, if some people could get past that part and lightening up, we'd have a lot of good things offered to the forum. I mean that. But, c'est la vie. It happened with a gentleman and I on another thread. We took it offline and ended up liking and respecting each other :) . It was lovely communication to see evolve. But this line of bitterness and put downs does not seem to have that same capability.

Last edited:
Back