to be friends or not to be

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
I dont think there is a thread, i did a search but you never know.......
do you think it is possible to be friends with your ex????

well.. yes it's possible to be friends with ur ex... i'm friends with most of my ex.. some i'm not friends at all :D

Mmm, after ur ex cheated on you? Nope. If you guys dated in elementary, then its no biggie. Y'all can be friends.

I am not friends with any of my ex's not even with my ex husband even though we have three children.

Well, Babyphat, thanks for reminding me to email my ex, I have to let her know I'm travelling to her work in South Dakota to tour her offices in January. We're still friends, if not great friends, since we broke off.

I am friends with some of my exs but not all..

I try to be nice to all my exs. But sometimes it is just IMPOSSIBLE!! Some of them may carry a grudge and it could go too far.. :dunno:

im friends with SOME of my exes, the ONLY one im not friends with and all is an LONG TIME rival and i will not acknowledge her! otherwise most are netural friends we just don't bring up grudges or plms from the past it's not worth the time of day, we just close the chapter and talk abt netural things, such as sports, poltics and etc. otherwise ofc i do ask some questions related to some personal info for my benfits if i happen forget something related to my health or something related to bills or something then ofc we would talk abt that but it's rare, only my closest friends have those info of me in case in event anything happens to me, my current gf is now getting to know abt my full medical history and thats important to me, same for my gf who is divulging her info too in case anything happens to her, better safe than sorry, but Im always doing backups for myself, so if anything happened to me and they need to contact my family then they have that resources to contact and i feel safe abt it!

im not friendly with any of my ex's except 1 -- that 1 ex and i keep the peace and be cordial with eachother

the ex's im not friendly with have cheated on me, lied to me, stolen from me so why should i be nice to them qq i dont see any reason why i should! :madfawk: at the ex's

*finished bitching*

.. I have been attempting to be friends with my exes but... they just couldn't handle it. :roll: They cannot handle the notion that I am not *theirs* anymore... jealousy brewing :madrawk: so it is better off for them to not hang out with me to keep their sanity :lol: I drive men over the edge. They *started* it when they dated me and drove me crazy :dizzy:

yes I do rather be friends with my ex cuz I don't want to be enemies with anyone else. If you think I'm wrong, I dare you to prove me wrong... ;) if you don't want to be friend with any of your exes... tell me the reasons

BabyPhat21 said:
do you think it is possible to be friends with your ex????

It depends on the exes. I am still friend with one of my ex back in New Jersey, and I even sent him a Christmas Card this year. If it ended nicely and the both sides accepted their faults, then I think it can become friendship. If the relationship did not end well, then I don't see a reason for me to spare any more energy to continue being friends.

Some become your good friends, and some just come and fade away.

Well, its a tricky question - I would like to be friend with my ex-boyfriends, but knowing my husband won't like it much - Imagine how would you feel if your partner keep in contact with her/his ex? :cuddle:

My German ex send me christmas greetings every year as I don't find it any threat as he mention my husband's name on the card too.

Last edited:
I'm friends with a few ex's, but not all. Like someone else said - it really depends on how the relationship was dissolved, whether on friendly terms or the worse scenario cases. If on friendly terms, it would be possible to stay on friendly ground, but if not -- there's no way how ex's and I could be friends at all.

But on the other hand -- it sometimes makes my husband jealous whenever one of my ex's sends me Christmas cards. It can be quite a sticky situation, but fortunately, husband has come to accept it and trying to understand it as well.

It's better to be friends than not be friends at all. I've heard of cases where a guy and gal "fuck it" and split. They never talk to each other again. It became a problem for his friends and her friends. They would have a difficult time planning events when they wanted to invite both of them. Ugh!

Yes, If I met my ex at the party or deaf club, I would say Hi, no hard feelings if they want to hold grudge, its their problem! Life go on!!

hmmmm....

Well, I would say depends on which ex's I would be friends with...

But, I haven't seen any of my ex-boyfriends in a very long time so I would say its been forgotten and I had moved on....

For my soon to be ex husband, I :dunno: know If I would say ' friends ' but, Since I have three children by him ...I guess I have no other choice....but to be friends for the sake of our children....

VamPyroX said:
It's better to be friends than not be friends at all. I've heard of cases where a guy and gal "fuck it" and split. They never talk to each other again. It became a problem for his friends and her friends. They would have a difficult time planning events when they wanted to invite both of them. Ugh!

true Vampy -- that has happened -- i guess if i was invited to events and my ex was also invited there -- i more likely would just keep things neutral and keep the talking with them to a minimum or just flatly ignore them (especially if it was a bad break up)

uhmm i wonder if this would also apply in situations where the person was never a gf/bf but instead a "friends with benefits" qq

Fly Free said:
true Vampy -- that has happened -- i guess if i was invited to events and my ex was also invited there -- i more likely would just keep things neutral and keep the talking with them to a minimum or just flatly ignore them (especially if it was a bad break up)

uhmm i wonder if this would also apply in situations where the person was never a gf/bf but instead a "friends with benefits" qq
That's a bit tricky. It usually depends on the individual. I've seen "friends-with-benefits" who are still friends, while others avoid each other after they do it.

yea i agree it is tricky Vampy -- some situations theyre cool other times uncool depending on how it ended in the first place

Back