To all Americans....

laughing-Carrot

Reaction score
Hey,

I was looking through a couple of travelling threads before, and I couldn't help but notice that a lot of americans were keen on travelling to Australia (where im from).

Just out of curiosity, what interests you (if you intend on travelling there) so much about Australia??

The landscape there is so interesting and beautiful.

If I ever go there the first thing I will do is find a toliet and flush it. I wanna see if it the water really goes counterclockwise or not. :)

The heaploads of wildlife with venomous tracts that can hurt or kill humans which belongs to Australia. Gotta be careful traveling in the back country for sure!

The landscape there is so interesting and beautiful.

If I ever go there the first thing I will do is find a toliet and flush it. I wanna see if it the water really goes counterclockwise or not. :)

:giggle: LOL I forgot about that one. Some say the water swirls counter clockwise on the other side of the Earth. Let me know when you do find out :deal:

A lot of people are keen on Australia because it seems like a friendly place to go.

Hehe well I remember one time when I was on a train back home from sydney, and I was surrounded by some american teenage backpackers who would jump around like crazy whenever we spotted a kangaroo.
Indeed, we do have some of the most venomous snakes in the world, but bites are VERY rare... its like suggesting to people travelling to the states 'to be careful of alligators':rifle: (In Florida, maybe)

But nah, Australia is a cool place. Its a very dispersed country, and if you ever need personal space, then you've come to the right place! For example, Germany has 80 million people.... and its total area is only half the size of our most populated state (NSW= 6 million people). Australia= 21 million people.

P.S don't watch wolf-creek.

I see that you're an australian? I am australian too. How come we cant watch wolf creek? ;)

shhhh... we don't want to scare these american kids away. But i've probably done opposite the intended effect- ppl reading this thread probably will run to their nearest vid shop and grab a copy of wolf creek.... :doh:

Too few europeans or americans come to australia- which is why we probably come off as so friendly... we don't get many travelers. (unless you include the asians).

I see you are the same age as me. Are you deaf as well? I go to UNE in north NSW= :zzz:

Yeah, I checked out your profile, I am around the same age as yours. University of New England, eh? That's probably around 6 hours drive from Sydney. Yeah, I am deaf as well and from the ACT (if you can recongise these initials ;) ) but do you normally attend deaf events around in Sydney sometimes? (I know LOTs of deafies in Sydney)

shhhh... we don't want to scare these american kids away. But i've probably done opposite the intended effect- ppl reading this thread probably will run to their nearest vid shop and grab a copy of wolf creek.... :doh:

Too few europeans or americans come to australia- which is why we probably come off as so friendly... we don't get many travelers. (unless you include the asians).

I see you are the same age as me. Are you deaf as well? I go to UNE in north NSW= :zzz:

HA HA Too late.........saw that movie few months back...........VERY VERY disturbing movie!!! I didn't sleep that night. I still want to go anyway (ok not to wolf creek) and see the beautiful land in person. If it looks that great on film it has to be awsome in person.

PS..........Alligators here (Florida) are all over..........so as long as you stay away from teh water, you're fine!! LOL

Ahhh good to know. I read somewhere that Australia is the land of choice for retirees from all around the world. I remember seeing 'Hostel' just before I went to europe a couple of years back (not the best idea, I know). But I just shrugged it off as one of tarantino's absurd and fictitious pieces of work which have to somehow revolve around a plot of warped horror and macabre violence.

Yeah I go to sydney sometimes. Its only around 4 and a half hours (if you drive as fast as I do). Used to go there a lot for CI testing and speech therapy, but I don't have to go anymore since cochlear have built some offices near here. I do love sydney though- have a few friends down there that go to UNSW and MQ, and try to go there whenever I get the chance.
Must say, haven't really attended deaf functions before (a combination of laziness and distance). I went to a few when I was younger, the last one being some camping trip when I was 14.

Wouldn't mind though, i've never really ran into any deaf people (apart from a few old people with hearing aids and of the like). Being an adult now, and having a drivers licence etc etc I guess there's no reason why I shouldn't tag along once in a while.

I have some family in canberra. I hope to go snowboarding later this year- do the deaf organisations conduct any trips to the snow? :hyper:

Not that I think of, there is no deaf organisations who conducts clients to the snowing fields. Unfortunately, we have a small deaf community here.

Ahhh good to know. I read somewhere that Australia is the land of choice for retirees from all around the world. I remember seeing 'Hostel' just before I went to europe a couple of years back (not the best idea, I know). But I just shrugged it off as one of tarantino's absurd and fictitious pieces of work which have to somehow revolve around a plot of warped horror and macabre violence.

Yeah I go to sydney sometimes. Its only around 4 and a half hours (if you drive as fast as I do). Used to go there a lot for CI testing and speech therapy, but I don't have to go anymore since cochlear have built some offices near here. I do love sydney though- have a few friends down there that go to UNSW and MQ, and try to go there whenever I get the chance.
Must say, haven't really attended deaf functions before (a combination of laziness and distance). I went to a few when I was younger, the last one being some camping trip when I was 14.

Wouldn't mind though, i've never really ran into any deaf people (apart from a few old people with hearing aids and of the like). Being an adult now, and having a drivers licence etc etc I guess there's no reason why I shouldn't tag along once in a while.

I have some family in canberra. I hope to go snowboarding later this year- do the deaf organisations conduct any trips to the snow? :hyper:

I want to see the animals and the landscape....they look so interesting.

I've seen Wolf Creek and man...that movie is disturbing and scary....I would NOT go on hiking while I'm in Australia. I can't believe that it's true story....which even makes more disturbing.

Awesome. I should get in contact with you when I plan a visit to Australia, hopefully this fall, when the weather gets warmer there. My brother and his family currently live in Sydney.

Not that I think of, there is no deaf organisations who conducts clients to the snowing fields. Unfortunately, we have a small deaf community here.

Just let me know, via PM - unless your post has increased to 100 ;)

No, it's not just Americans but Europeans as well.

A lot of Europeans including myself travelled to Australia.

I am referring to the gal regards of the spoken accents.... not tourists.

Back