Tmobile fail?

Yes I like verizon. some of my friends live in the country area or we usually go to camping. Sidekick is.. everyone of you already know what happens sidekick is going to be. :giggle: verizon does have good coverage. it is a little too much cost for me, speaking of the fee monthly. Since i dont live in the country so sidekick works fine where i live or my work or my kids school. I will wait till my sidekick dies on me then i will worry about it later.

only area where all mobile servive whether it is att or verzion,etc doesnt works in area where the mountains is the mountians causes interference there was zero on i77 along west virginia you can see white area on coverage map corespond with map of mountains it is rocky mountains and apachlian mountains
even Hawaii mountain too its a real pain in the butt

only area where all mobile servive whether it is att or verzion,etc doesnt works in area where the mountains is the mountians causes interference there was zero on i77 along west virginia you can see white area on coverage map corespond with map of mountains it is rocky mountains and apachlian mountains
even Hawaii mountain too its a real pain in the butt

For Verizon, it is depends and they will offers 1xRTT only for some of mountain area.

Lets get back to this topic!! Sidekick is fixing yet? i never get any replied emails from my friends yet.

Only internet and text message are working well.

Lets get back to this topic!! Sidekick is fixing yet? i never get any replied emails from my friends yet.

My wife's and mine both works fine with emails and text but not sure about the Internet as of yet. I rarely use internet on my pager... too slow and limited, ofc. lol

My friend still use texting with me so apparently hers is experiencing the same thing as yours.

Only no emails. I see my emails are on the waiting mode. therefore sidekick is not completely done yet.

Get iPhone 3Gs (newest iPhone model) for $200 with $40 per month service fee (only if you are deaf) for two year plan. It's pretty closer to what you are paying for your SK ($30-40?) am I right?

If you want unlimited text, just add $10 to make your monthly service fee from $40 to $50 for two years.

Pretty cheap for the best cellphone in the world ? :D
Hell yeah!

it's $50/month, not $40 for TAP plan only.

I know that T-Mobile always is not accurate on the coverage map when the users still have to prove on their devices. It is very frustrating.

I had chatted with AT&T Tech support on the online. I kindly asked them about 3G available at my home. They said that it will launch in my area on November, December and February. I can't wait on 3G network will coming down here. I don't have any problem with the AT&T coverage. I have excellent signal in my area. ;)

anyone of you get your "emails" back to normal yet? Mines still on the waiting mode.

anyone of you get your "emails" back to normal yet? Mines still on the waiting mode.

I got my "emails" back but the rest... not yet... Like Brian said it will restore slowly.... Also, T-Mobile says it should be ready within 7-10 days... hush, hush, hush... :lol:

Microsoft/Danger--Sidekick Disaster Data Gone

After numerous service interruptions during the past week, on Sunday afternoon T-Mobile informed owners of the Sidekick smartphone that user data, which is stored in Microsoft/Danger's servers could have been lost for good. By design, the T-Mobile Sidekick doesn't store much of its user data on the device itself, but uses the cloud for storing address book information, photos, calendar and application downloads
. And while service outages are still commonplace in today's cloud-based services, this could be one of the most high-profile data loss occurrences in recent history.

Reportedly, the data loss was caused by a failed upgrade to Danger's storage area network, only to discover later that no backup was available. Microsoft's involvement only aggravates the issue (they acquired Danger in 2008). Undoubtedly, this will come as a complete blow to Microsoft's image, both as a cloud service provider (see Azure) and to its mobile platform division, having just recently announced the Windows Phone initiative.

An official follow-up statement is expected Monday regarding the status of the potential backups. In the meantime, T-Mobile is alerting its affected customers (number not disclosed), letting them know they shouldn't remove the Sidekick's battery, reset the devices or let them lose power. Syncing with a desktop application should be a safe measure to be taken at this point if your Sidekick has some info on it.

Last edited:
Back