tired old scare tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if you drop it in the tub?

It's toast if you drop it in the water....I have a floating table or if I am floating it sits on me..Gotta keep it moving though. Bad tan lines

Electronics near water... yeah... :whistle:

I don't play around with that.

And with people on computer...

They're also distracted by TV/radio/outside AS WELL. ;) So it's compounding already. :D

Now all Jillio said is... the only advantage Jillio A will have is speed. Period. It's a huge advantage, but 90% of the college students out there don't use it to their advantage, sadly. However that is FORTUNATE for the ones with good working habits, because it give them an edge against those who fool around. Even though they can't catch up with the 5-10% that are using the Internet for what it is intended for, at least they're ahead of the ones that are mucking around. One could even argue at the end of the day-- those with good study habits offline will be on an even playing field as those with good study habits online in the long run anyway.
spoken like a Luddite and yet... live like a techie addict :hmm:

you sure you're not projecting yourself in here? :hmm:

Nope, he is not projecting in the least. He is simply reading what I wrote and giving the correct interpretation.

Nope, he is not projecting in the least. He is simply reading what I wrote and giving the correct interpretation.

and I asked for further clarification because as you stated - the only advantage Jillio A has over Jillio B is speed in reaching the goal but.... something got muddled along that just because a person has a computer does not mean this person will be able to "be able to read it, understand it, synthesize it into their knowledge base, and then apply it to be educated" and that computers = distractions like youtube/facebook.

see where I'm getting at? Mind you - I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking the hypothesized argument by both sides because there's a continuing debate about Digital Divide all around the world and the action needed to address it. As I said in my post #143 - "I have never said a computer makes people more educated. I said people who have computers have an advantage over those who doesn't."

and I asked for further clarification because as you stated - the only advantage Jillio A has over Jillio B is speed in reaching the goal but.... something got muddled along that just because a person has a computer does not mean this person will be able to "be able to read it, understand it, synthesize it into their knowledge base, and then apply it to be educated" and that computers = distractions like youtube/facebook.

see where I'm getting at? Mind you - I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking the hypothesized argument by both sides because there's a continuing debate about Digital Divide all around the world and the action needed to address it. As I said in my post #143 - "I have never said a computer makes people more educated. I said people who have computers have an advantage over those who doesn't."

It's okay...I didn't feel attacked. I still maintain that the advantage in technolgy lies in the speed...or efficiency if you care to call it that.

Not only speed. Access to more information as well. The more access to information at a faster rate = ENORMOUS advantage. The advantage is so big that it will probably override the distractions of facebook, etc.

Scholar souggy is different from fun souggy.

You can call it a projection since it might as well be; I just call it an observation of people who flunked out of classes, or those who turned around their grades by following a different study habit, before I called it quit. :)

What was the original topic? I forgot about 70 posts back! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back