Tired of being ignored

Aliboo

Reaction score
Is there some sort of criteria to get somebody to talk to you here? Hardly anyone answers any of my posts. Does anybody know of a web site where I can actually talk to somebody. It reminds me of high school. I thought the point of this website was to get support. All they seem to care about are themselves. I've only been deaf for a year so I guess I don't qualify to be here? I am trying communicate with people who have had the same thing happen to them as to me. But it isn't just here. EVERYONE ignores me cuz they think that since I can't hear then I don't need to know. Aliboo:pissed:

Which threads are you speaking of that we are ignoring you? I'm sorry but, I don't read every threads that are created in AllDeaf, that doesn't mean I'm ignoring anyone. ;)

Aliboo,

Why do you feel ignored? I just checked your postings and other than this week, you've been out of touch since June from what I can see. Of course, June was before I learned about AD.

I don't think I missed any of your posts and I do know a lot of folks have been praying based on your requests. Could you share with us and bring us up-to-date?

Nobody here should ever feel left out. From what I've seen, its a great bunch of caring folks here, whether hearing or not.

Dave

Oops same here I agree with Cheri...

Sorry I do not mean to ignore you and others...
I haven't had much chance to read every postings lately..

Aliboo, Now I am noticing something about your Avatar
Is this your own piece of Art ? Looks fascinating...
what is it ?

It doesn´t mean that I ignore you... If I see your post and would say something if I agree to disagree... I didn´t which mean is your post is good.

I really have no time to read every threads... depend which threads, I´m interesting... then visit in.

Sorry Everybody. I am Just having a realy bad time. That's no excuse for taking it out on the people who do care. All of this has been so overwhelming. They were going to put a cochlear implant in until they realized I was on SSDI. Medicare does not pay for that stuff. It's been very disapointing after they told me they would do it. I get upset when My boyfriend is in pain and I can't tell what is going on. It's hard for him to communicate that to me cuz he is in pain. I'm just really frustrated to the max. I just gotta hang in. I do appreciate all of you who have responded. Thank You Very Much, Aliboo

Sorry Everybody. I am Just having a realy bad time. That's no excuse for taking it out on the people who do care. All of this has been so overwhelming. They were going to put a cochlear implant in until they realized I was on SSDI. Medicare does not pay for that stuff. It's been very disapointing after they told me they would do it. I get upset when My boyfriend is in pain and I can't tell what is going on. It's hard for him to communicate that to me cuz he is in pain. I'm just really frustrated to the max. I just gotta hang in. I do appreciate all of you who have responded. Thank You Very Much, Aliboo

Oh that's no problem, I'm sorry that you were having a bad day, we all get those days too. I'm also sorry to hear about your boyfriend being in pains too. I know it's even harder to watch it too. Hang in there hun. :hug:

get a job. get an insurance that pays.

Hey Aliboo, can you please reply about
your avatar ? What kind of art piece is that ?

p.s. i am very surprised to hear that Medicare
do NOT cover CI ? Are you 100% sure ?

Is there some sort of criteria to get somebody to talk to you here? Hardly anyone answers any of my posts. Does anybody know of a web site where I can actually talk to somebody. It reminds me of high school. I thought the point of this website was to get support. All they seem to care about are themselves. I've only been deaf for a year so I guess I don't qualify to be here? I am trying communicate with people who have had the same thing happen to them as to me. But it isn't just here. EVERYONE ignores me cuz they think that since I can't hear then I don't need to know. Aliboo:pissed:

My brother-in-law became nerve deaf after surgery to remove some tumors. You sound like you have something on common with him (late onset deafness). What caused your hearing loss?

Right now I am on SSDI because of the hearing loss and Mild to severe vertigo. I wear magnifying reading glasses. I had my eyes checked they are fine except they bounce to compensate for the dissiness. It really makes me sick sometimes. I cannot bend over to pick anythin up. I have trouble somedays more than others walking down the stairs. I have changed my diet, no caffine, no salt. There is physical therapy for that but again it is not covered by medicare. It is also very expensive. I found out that most insurance companies will not pay for this stuff either. The reason why medicare will not pay for the Implant is due to what THEY SAY is a HIGH FAILURE RATE from the FDA. When I asked medicare they replied "Write Your Congressman" I would also have a hard time getting health insurance on my own because of the Auto Immune Ear Disease. I really do miss working. I was in retail management and merchandising. It requires a lot of climbing ladders and lifting. What I miss the most is the interaction with people. Even my own family makes me feel isolated. Thats why I get depressed and PO'ed. I want to scream that "I AM STILL IN HERE, HELLO" I hope that I never treated a deaf person like this before I lost my hearing. I believe God gave me artistic skills cuz he knew I would need the visualization. If he would take this dizzyness away, I could get some of my life back. SSDI Is not enough to live on. So there has to be some sollution for this. All I can do is keep asking and plugging away. Thanks everybody, Aliboo

Sorry if I ignored you Aliboo. I don't remember seeing any of your posts. But if I did, it wasn't intentional. Keep posting. You'll get responses.

Right now I am on SSDI because of the hearing loss and Mild to severe vertigo. I wear magnifying reading glasses. I had my eyes checked they are fine except they bounce to compensate for the dissiness. It really makes me sick sometimes. I cannot bend over to pick anythin up. I have trouble somedays more than others walking down the stairs. I have changed my diet, no caffine, no salt. There is physical therapy for that but again it is not covered by medicare. It is also very expensive. I found out that most insurance companies will not pay for this stuff either. The reason why medicare will not pay for the Implant is due to what THEY SAY is a HIGH FAILURE RATE from the FDA. When I asked medicare they replied "Write Your Congressman" I would also have a hard time getting health insurance on my own because of the Auto Immune Ear Disease. I really do miss working. I was in retail management and merchandising. It requires a lot of climbing ladders and lifting. What I miss the most is the interaction with people. Even my own family makes me feel isolated. Thats why I get depressed and PO'ed. I want to scream that "I AM STILL IN HERE, HELLO" I hope that I never treated a deaf person like this before I lost my hearing. I believe God gave me artistic skills cuz he knew I would need the visualization. If he would take this dizzyness away, I could get some of my life back. SSDI Is not enough to live on. So there has to be some sollution for this. All I can do is keep asking and plugging away. Thanks everybody, Aliboo

I have problems with dizziness too. Have you seen ENT to find out why you are dizzy?? Also you can try to see nuerologist (sp?) who specializes in ear and various dizziness problems.

You can check out for more info. on this forum which have some people with autommune ear disease on board too:

http://menieres.org/

Also there are some nice people on forum board who can advise you how to deal with SSDI and Medicare problems. Wish you good luck. :)

Hang in there, Aliboo! :hug:

I don't think there is a high failure rate of CIs...at least not that I am aware of.

I don't think there is a high failure rate of CIs...at least not that I am aware of.

Yeah, there is. There is also a high rate of them getting damaged once they're in and working. I had one put in many years ago and it worked for about a week. It was removed and nothing else was discussed.

Hang in there. We're all here for each other. We have to be...no one else wants us :) :) :) :)

Sometimes, it gets hard. Keep posting, it's cheaper and easier than :rl: :rl: :rifle: :rifle:

Back